Jump to content
Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum
John

Transfer Portal

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BasketBull said:

We’re still reaching out to people:

 

 

For this to happen wouldn’t someone have to transfer? We should really use someone at that spot. Maybe Fagan or Brock or someone would grad transfer that would be huge!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ubbulls84 said:

For this to happen wouldn’t someone have to transfer? We should really use someone at that spot. Maybe Fagan or Brock or someone would grad transfer that would be huge!!

Or maybe Graves isn’t coming back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Or maybe Graves isn’t coming back. 

I have it on good record he's back

However, as predicted, Fagan and/or Brock will be gone

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just figured I’d mention, Tillman won 6th man of the year while at Utah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

7 hours ago, 961819 said:

Just figured I’d mention, Tillman won 6th man of the year while at Utah 

6'7" PF who averages about 10 ppg and can shoot the 3 from Michigan (hometown) who won 6th man of year.  What's not to like?  Oh and he shoots 77% FT.

Edited by DocCas86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kevin said:

I have it on good record he's back

However, as predicted, Fagan and/or Brock will be gone

What are Fagan and Brock waiting for? Seems odd to wait if you know you are going to leave. You are just limiting your options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SGBull said:

What are Fagan and Brock waiting for? Seems odd to wait if you know you are going to leave. You are just limiting your options.

I could see both just moving on and being done with basketball. With everything going on in the world who knows what this upcoming school year will look like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SGBull said:

What are Fagan and Brock waiting for? Seems odd to wait if you know you are going to leave. You are just limiting your options.

Graduation. 

It makes them a Grad transfer option with immediate availability. Though I think Fagan will have 2 with a 6th year supposed to be granted. 

I wouldn't assume either would be playing somewhere that filled their spots early. Low D1 teams that are looking for players who can come in and play minutes. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Hope fagan decides to return. Seemed to have potential in the very limited minutes he played. Would understand if he decides not to. As for Brock, he’s a serviceable role player but not much more. Seems to be a good role model for the younger guys as well but would totally get if he decided to grad transfer as well. Guess we’ll see soon enough what happens! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Graduation. 

It makes them a Grad transfer option with immediate availability. Though I think Fagan will have 2 with a 6th year supposed to be granted. 

I wouldn't assume either would be playing somewhere that filled their spots early. Low D1 teams that are looking for players who can come in and play minutes. 

 

 

Do not think that Fagan is waiting to graduate.  I think he is only three years out of high school. He has played two years, one in JUCO and one at UB.  He has two seasons left and there is no need to petition for a 6th year because he has a eligibility left to complete within five years.  You only apply for a 6th season if you have eligibility left after the 5th season.

Also Fagan was seen on a team Zoom meeting screen that was tweeted out a couple of weeks ago.  Graves was also in the picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

Do not think that Fagan is waiting to graduate.  I think he is only three years out of high school. He has played two years, one in JUCO and one at UB.  He has two seasons left and there is no need to petition for a 6th year because he has a eligibility left to complete within five years.  You only apply for a 6th season if you have eligibility left after the 5th season.

Also Fagan was seen on a team Zoom meeting screen that was tweeted out a couple of weeks ago.  Graves was also in the picture.

He's 4 years of of HS. He had a RS year in JuCo. Class of 2016. https://www.hudl.com/profile/4928024/TraVon-Fagan

He has a 5th year left, and possibly a 6th if he gets the 2nd medical RS year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 12:56 PM, myBuffalo said:

This is happening in some manner and form at Georgetown, poor Coach Ewing.

Testing positive makes things even worse for coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Crystal Ball for Oats taking advantage of his connection to the MAC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 10:30 PM, DocCas86 said:

 

Crystal Ball for Oats taking advantage of his connection to the MAC.

This isn’t a surprise to me. He spent his whole collegiate career getting clapped by Oats and his offense, makes sense that he wants in 

Edited by 961819

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this fun app on barttorvik.com.  You can pick a grad transfer and see how they would impact the team.

image.png.fe551e7ecd2862b444395e7d96083333.pngimage.png.9008f876e15ebf2b93b2670f7aeabc78.png

 

A couple of other items - you will notice that Malik has not been added yet.   IMHO - they have a  little low even without Malik factored in.

Regards,
Steve

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 961819 said:

 

We knew this would happen but good to officially see it. Opening day lineup as I see it:

Segu, Zackery, Graves, Williams, Mballa

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ubbulls84 said:

We knew this would happen but good to officially see it.....

Huh, I thought this was official a couple weeks ago, but I can’t find a link, so maybe that was just speculation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

Huh, I thought this was official a couple weeks ago, but I can’t find a link, so maybe that was just speculation?

It was unofficially official 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In all seriousness, this is obviously the right move. We need him back and with him we are a top 3 MAC title contender. I hope he got some useful feedback despite the covid combine season. He has the ability to make the league, but he has a lot to improve on after what I'd call a stagnant, inconsistent junior season. Go Bulls! 

Edited by MuchMany
Snark reduction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...