Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Zion Griffin

Bill

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/hinsdale/sports/ct-dbr-zion-griffin-iowa-state-basketball-transfer-tl-0402-20200329-3expoqoktjez7a5wcvh4onsnzy-story.html

Iowa State transfer. Been in contact with us apparently. Chicago resident (Thorpe connection). Have a pretty good shot to get him maybe I would say. Former 4 star recruit. Averaged 3 points 2 rebounds last season. 

9A1F56ED-5832-42A2-8E51-F4CFAE076761.png

1 hour ago, SGBull said:

We are the best option of those schools, probably the hardest to get playing time though.

Ball State and Toledo could give him day 1 starters minutes. 

It's interesting to see the lower schools interested but i think thats right for his performance level. 

UB is the best by far, but I couldn't see him getting any more than Grant minutes.

For reference, he was ineffective even against NIU last year. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.27.00 AM.png

Edited by Kevin

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

Ball State and Toledo could give him day 1 starters minutes. 

It's interesting to see the lower schools interested but i think thats right for his performance level. 

UB is the best by far, but I couldn't see him getting any more than Grant minutes.

For reference, he was ineffective even against NIU last year. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.27.00 AM.png

Not gonna lie looking at this guys stats doesn’t exactly make me happy to be in his top 6...

1 hour ago, Ivantheturrible said:

Not gonna lie looking at this guys stats doesn’t exactly make me happy to be in his top 6...

Yeah, me neither. I think he ends up somewhere that'll give him more minutes but everything so far reeks of a severely underperforming p5 player

If UB had gotten him in high school, everybody on here would've been drooling; 4 star guy, ranked top 100 by 247sports and Rivals. Now 2 years later he's "not a good player" and "been horrible", when no one here has ever actually broken down film of him, talked with him, or knows anything about him other than his stats from the past 2 seasons.  

Right, wrong or indifferent, I'd put my faith more into the coaching staff than others. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

If UB had gotten him in high school, everybody on here would've been drooling; 4 star guy, ranked top 100 by 247sports and Rivals. Now 2 years later he's "not a good player" and "been horrible", when no one here has ever actually broken down film of him, talked with him, or knows anything about him other than his stats from the past 2 seasons.  

Right, wrong or indifferent, I'd put my faith more into the coaching staff than others. 

I was watching some of his video from his college and high school days, he does not look that bad. He is very much like Gabe but is a lot more athletic. If he chooses UB I personally believe he’d do well enough. We still need to pick up a guard that can shoot the ball well though

18 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Former 4 star recruit and we want no part of him......how far we have come, we would be over the moon just a handful of years ago just to be listed

I do have worries about his stats, and the reasoning behind transferring but who knows what happens

Stars don’t mean anything. Get off the rankings train.

17 hours ago, Dabulls said:

I was watching some of his video from his college and high school days, he does not look that bad. He is very much like Gabe but is a lot more athletic. If he chooses UB I personally believe he’d do well enough. We still need to pick up a guard that can shoot the ball well though

very much much like Gabe is a con, right? 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

very much much like Gabe is a con, right? 

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by that but I was more trying to say that Zions size is comparable to Gabe but uses his size and athleticism more than Gabe. In no way am i trying to paint Gabe as a bad player, just believe he didn’t make the right plays all the time.

Edited by Dabulls