Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Financial Issues and Flexibility - COVID19 Fallout

BrooklynBull

12 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Just is awful for the athletes of those sports. The schools that cut sports that save literally thousands of dollars while spending multiple millions on another is very sad. In the end, very little savings are being made in some of these cuts. Your points resonate strongly.

And I write this knowing that I love UB football and one my earliest UB memories is sitting (by myself) on a hill watching UB beat Hofstra more than 30 years ago at that stadium on the North Campus (pre-World University Games stadium).  But we (UB) are either going to be in the haves (P5) or have nots (FCS).   UB is probably in a better place than any other MAC school to make P5 happen, though whether it is a sound financial decision is another story. However, that TV money (even for the AAC) is an order of magnitude larger than the MAC, so maybe the financial decision makes sense.   However, FBS and the MAC (and lower G5 conferences) are just losing propositions, but the AD, donors, local boards, etc., want the FBS football, so it will happen...at least for 2020. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...