Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Canadian Collegiate Sports

U Sports (the Canadian NCAA) has cancelled all of its fall championships over COVID-19 concern.

I do not think that collegiate sports are as big in or have as big  financial benefit (define that any way you want) as they do in the United States, but this development is interesting to say the least.

https://usports.ca/en/news/2020/06/4079288233/u-sports-cancels-2020-fall-championships-due-to-covid-19

Thoughts @verandaman.

I live in the Niagara Region and it's been trending this way for a while. No students on campuses this Fall, so most of the universities will not stage sports until early 2021 at the earliest. My wife is starting an M.A. program at Waterloo and it will be virtual. The USports aren't huge but it stinks for the players. Oceane Kounkou transferred home to play for Carleton U. but since WBB games are in the Fall/Winter, she will only get a delayed season.

Canadian opinions of US/overseas travellers are low due to fear of increased numbers, so the borders are staying tight. I worked in Buffalo and crossed the Peace Bridge daily up until March 16th, haven't been back to the US and worked remotely since then, as I'd have to quarantine for 14 days coming back into Ontario. Doug Ford is opening areas in stages so it looks a lot like Cuomo's strategy. But it won't change the virtual college classes/no sports decisions. My step-son chose to go to UB this fall (engineering) and we are waiting to see how much of his program will be virtual, vs him commuting to North Campus for lab work.

1 hour ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

I live in the Niagara Region and it's been trending this way for a while. No students on campuses this Fall, so most of the universities will not stage sports until early 2021 at the earliest. My wife is starting an M.A. program at Waterloo and it will be virtual. The USports aren't huge but it stinks for the players. Oceane Kounkou transferred home to play for Carleton U. but since WBB games are in the Fall/Winter, she will only get a delayed season.

Canadian opinions of US/overseas travellers are low due to fear of increased numbers, so the borders are staying tight. I worked in Buffalo and crossed the Peace Bridge daily up until March 16th, haven't been back to the US and worked remotely since then, as I'd have to quarantine for 14 days coming back into Ontario. Doug Ford is opening areas in stages so it looks a lot like Cuomo's strategy. But it won't change the virtual college classes/no sports decisions. My step-son chose to go to UB this fall (engineering) and we are waiting to see how much of his program will be virtual, vs him commuting to North Campus for lab work.

My roommates are Engineers, majority of their classes were small. You never know though, depends on what the professors want. Small classes would be easier for in person instruction 

• Thanks 1