Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo v. Army

Dabulls

I’d expect the team to be quite angry over last year’s performance. If UB can minimize turnovers and have a bit more contribution off the bench there is no reason why we should lose this game. Hope we get to see Skogman play, teams may leave him open from the arc because he’s a big man. Nickelberry played well yesterday, hopefully he can contribute as well

• Like 1

Looking for more bench contribution as well.  While I am optimistic Graves and Williams will be a good combination this season, competing for the top spot in MAC will need greater contribution from bench.  I am eager to see what Skogman can contribute.  Hopefully he shows enough improvement on defense that he can be on the court. Also hope Chanse heals quickly and back on court soon.

Instant reaction - 

Maybe this is me getting ahead of myself, but this team will go as far as Jeenathan Williams takes them.  Thought Gallion looked like a tenacious on-ball defender, a Caruthers type....he didn't look out of place out there and I'd like to see him get more minutes.  Nickelberry was decent from what I saw.  I felt like Segu felt that he had to put the team on his back at the end.- admirable performance.  Big picture, through 2 games, I don't see anything that jumps out at me that this team has taken that next step this year.  I expect the same inconsistency and average-to-above-average MAC results as the season wears on, like last year.  They'll be in the mix and can beat anyone on any given day, but there are a few MAC teams who look clearly better from the games I've seen thus far. 

We may be in for a long December.

Disappointing game. Can’t believe we lost to army...again. Obviously injuries are hampering us. But excuses aside, this team needs a lot of growth and improvement by March. If this season gets to March. Talent and athleticism alone aren’t going to win us games. I’m not gonna over react to early season games, in what figures to be a crazy season. Just get better for the MAC season and tourney.