Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

7 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I actually believe next year might be the year the mac is a multiple bid league, and not because a team gets upset in the conference tournament but because there will be 2 deserving at large teamsĀ 

Until it happens, I'll just assume it's a 1 bid. Too much $$ for the big boys to let a medium-small guy come to the party. The only way it would've happened in recent history would've been if UB would've lost in Cleveland a couple of years ago. When the big leagues make it harder for MAC and the like to get non league games with them, it only widens the divide when it comes to multiple bids.

50 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I actually believe next year might be the year the mac is a multiple bid league, and not because a team gets upset in the conference tournament but because there will be 2 deserving at large teamsĀ 

Who?

The MAC being a two bid league comes down to a few factors...1) UB and Ohio must absolutely dominate the conference schedule. And only lose to each other. Then meet in the finals. 2) non conference scheduling must be difficult. Road games against potential quad 1/2 opponents. And 3) must win a Quad 1 game or two. Specifically in the non conference. As there are not many quad 1/2 opportunities within conference play.Ā Uphill battle. Right now the MAC is a bad league. Very top heavy and shrinking based on all the teams that have lost key players so far this offseason.Ā And the league itself is not forward thinking. Too many teams play too many D2 schools. Looking at you Western Michigan. But it can be done. Just have to schedule tough. And be willing to go on the road.

7 hours ago, UB85 said:

Boals is doing an Oats to the MAC. Itā€™ll be Ohio then everyone else. Amazing what great recruiting and success does.Ā 

Lets wait until theyā€™re in the top 25, not a 5 seed in the MAC who gets hot in the tournamentĀ 

55 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Lets wait until theyā€™re in the top 25, not a 5 seed in the MAC who gets hot in the tournamentĀ 

Itā€™s funny I donā€™t remember who this kid was...maybe itā€™s because we were dominating the MAC while he was at Ohio. Either way itā€™s time to go hunting for Bobcats.Ā 

8 hours ago, UB05 said:

Theyā€™ve got to be, at least on paper, head and shoulders above the rest. Of course thatā€™s on paper so point well taken. But his success thus far is reminiscent of Oatsā€™ trajectory. Beware.Ā 

4 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Theyā€™ve got to be, at least on paper, head and shoulders above the rest. Of course thatā€™s on paper so point well taken. But his success thus far is reminiscent of Oatsā€™ trajectory. Beware.Ā 

Eh if anything maybe he leaves Ohio (yes I know itā€™s his Alma mater) sooner. I actually like that they are the hunted. Keep us motivated and something to shoot for.

10 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Would you say the same thing if Bertram comes back?

Yea actually. I understand enjoying playing but at some point you have to join the adult world. Thinking about it from a long term financial position, they should start building their bank accounts up and start saving for retirement. Compound interest is an amazing thing at their age

3 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Yea actually. I understand enjoying playing but at some point you have to join the adult world. Thinking about it from a long term financial position, they should start building their bank accounts up and start saving for retirement. Compound interest is an amazing thing at their age

Ok boomer lol.Ā Iā€™m pulling your chain. Just pulling your chain. But heck take me back to the carefree living and life of a 22 yearĀ old. Last I checked the adult world in 2020 sucked and 2021 hasnā€™t been all that much better. Maybe while playing they are working towards a masters degree. While having lines of credit established. Or are doing an internship.Ā We donā€™t know. And if they arenā€™t doing any of that and just wanna play ball let em. This could be the last time they play this high level basketball.Ā 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Eh if anything maybe he leaves Ohio (yes I know itā€™s his Alma mater) sooner. I actually like that they are the hunted. Keep us motivated and something to shoot for.

I like it the other way. Sustained excellence while other teams putting their best at you each and every night. Ā I think Boals is there for at least two more and as some friends I know from Ohio they think heā€™ll likely stay longer.Ā 

8 minutes ago, UB85 said:

I like it the other way. Sustained excellence while other teams putting their best at you each and every night. Ā I think Boals is there for at least two more and as some friends I know from Ohio they think heā€™ll likely stay longer.Ā 

They are gonna have to pony up money. If he takes them back to the dance next year his name will be hot.

38 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Ok boomer lol.Ā Iā€™m pulling your chain. Just pulling your chain. But heck take me back to the carefree living and life of a 22 yearĀ old. Last I checked the adult world in 2020 sucked and 2021 hasnā€™t been all that much better. Maybe while playing they are working towards a masters degree. While having lines of credit established. Or are doing an internship.Ā We donā€™t know. And if they arenā€™t doing any of that and just wanna play ball let em. This could be the last time they play this high level basketball.Ā 

Hopefully they are, trust me I completely get it though. If I was in their position Iā€™d look for every sort of loophole to keep playing college ball as long as I couldĀ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Ball State is going to be a whole new squad next year after these moves.

Much of the MAC West schools will be. Even Toledo to a degree. Continuity will be key. Thatā€™s why Ohio and UB have a leg up. Keep an eye open for Miami. They finished strong and havenā€™t had any defections.Ā 

1 hour ago, UB85 said:

Sure, he absolutely could turn into their Oats. But until it happens Iā€™m not putting the crown on them. They were a 5 seed and their best players are going to be seniors.

5 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Juniors. They get that eligibility back.

However, The Year UB was ranked, you've reminded us all many times that they were all seniors and we are still recoveringĀ from losing them all. Hows it different?Ā 

Ā 

Lol wtf are you talking about. Thatā€™s the whole point. Theyā€™ll be rebuilding after this year. Are youĀ so wrapped up in arguing with certain posters that you canā€™t understand the discussion?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Juniors. They get that eligibility back.

However, The Year UB was ranked, you've reminded us all many times that they were all seniors and we are still recoveringĀ from losing them all. Hows it different?Ā 

Ā 

Wouldnā€™t surprise me if Preston tested the NBA waters. Didnā€™t he do so in the past? With a combine this year maybe he jumps. Iā€™m sure right now he has a lot of ppl in his ear pulling him in different directions.