Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

IF UB and BG win out, UB is your new #1 seed.

You are all now Falcons fans

I'll be satisfied plenty if just UB wins out! There's not a crazy difference between 1, 2, 3 seeds as you get a non top-5 in round one and then have to (most likely) beat two from the top-5 tier. If it happens, I'd take it though!

37 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Ohio might be in trouble on this one 

Ohio might be in trouble beyond tonight. Teams have figured out how to contain Mark Sears and they're struggling mightily against the top teams in the conference. (where have I heard that before?) They'll need to figure things out soon or they'll have a tough time making a run in Cleveland.

17 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Ohio might be in trouble beyond tonight. Teams have figured out how to contain Mark Sears and they're struggling mightily against the top teams in the conference. (where have I heard that before?) They'll need to figure things out soon or they'll have a tough time making a run in Cleveland.

Agree. Especially about Sears. See my hot take on the other thread. 

Toledo has been the consistent team.

Kent, UB and Akron are trending up. 

Ohio trending downward. 

Cleveland is gonna be nuts. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Sears hit three 3’s in the final 30 seconds to reach 20 pts.  So only 11 pts thru the first 39:30, good job of containing him which would be nice to see continue for their last 2 games.

27 minutes ago, squire17 said:

UB is trending up. So is Arizona State, which has won 4 of its last 5 and has wins over UCLA and Creighton. A UB/ASU rematch in the NCAAs would be crazy.

I would like our chances in that one. Do something to piss of Hurley and get him ejected 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Agree. Especially about Sears. See my hot take on the other thread. 

Toledo has been the consistent team.

Kent, UB and Akron are trending up. 

Ohio trending downward. 

Cleveland is gonna be nuts. 

The crazy part about Cleveland is that you can throw away the entire regular season. Your points are 100% correct but all it takes is one team to get hot and make a run. Playing in a NBA arena changes things for college athletes.

Kind of ironic how the same team that blew two golden opportunities to help the Bulls’ seeding prospects, is the one game on UB’s schedule that won’t get to be played which could potentially affect our chances to move up into the top 3.

Even with those 2 losses and their 300-whatever NET ranking, CMU looks pretty safe to make it to Cleveland. Watch them go and take down Toledo or Ohio in the 1st round and really shake things up. Anything is possible in the MAC!

10 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Kind of ironic how the same team that blew two golden opportunities to help the Bulls’ seeding prospects, is the one game on UB’s schedule that won’t get to be played which could potentially affect our chances to move up into the top 3.

Even with those 2 losses and their 300-whatever NET ranking, CMU looks pretty safe to make it to Cleveland. Watch them go and take down Toledo or Ohio in the 1st round and really shake things up. Anything is possible in the MAC!

CMU has played some good games recently, but they have been inconsistent.  It wouldn't be a shock to me if they pulled off an upset.  More likely would be a close game most of the way, falling short at the end.

1550393449_Screenshot_20220227-0909102.thumb.png.710a31cfc11864268ed00cb4ad347362.png

2 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

The MAC has awarded UB a "win" against CMU and consider them tied with Ohio and Kent. That's a huge advantage for the team. 

• Thanks 1

I saw that someone from WMU is beating the drum for campus play in games again. If that happens, getting 1 or 2 will become critical again. I’m not really in favor of that personally. If you aren’t in the top 8 after 20 games, sorry, try again next year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I saw that someone from WMU is beating the drum for campus play in games again. If that happens, getting 1 or 2 will become critical again. I’m not really in favor of that personally. If you aren’t in the top 8 after 20 games, sorry, try again next year.

1-4 get the bye. Not just 1-2. So in theory, this 4 seed would be huge over the 5 seed. 

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I don’t understand how this is correct. What is the tie breaker or COVID rule regarding playing less games? I thought it went by win %. Which would have Kent ahead of us.

They are not punishing UB for not playing that game. Per the team, if they were tied in the win column, they wouldn't be ahead though either. 

Edited by Kevin

14 minutes ago, Kevin said:

They are not punishing UB for not playing that game. Per the team, if they were tied in the win column, they wouldn't be ahead though either. 

If I were Kent St I’d be pissed. Essentially they are being punished for having an extra win. I mean I’ll take it from a UB standpoint but this seems weird.

• Like 1

Furthermore how can we be considered tied with Ohio? They waxed our ass. I get that we didn’t play a game against CMU. A game that we probably win. And our record should be 14-4 as well but you can’t just give us credit for a game that wasn’t played. Had it been played and won we’d for sure be in the 3 seed. 

4 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

If I were Kent St I’d be pissed. Essentially they are being punished for having an extra win. I mean I’ll take it from a UB standpoint but this seems weird.

Either way you go with this, one side wouldn't be happy, especially since likely the missed game would be a win.  I guess I am pulling to make it a moot point, win out and putting us ahead of Kent a given.  MAC is probably pulling for a scenario where it does not matter.  Probably won't work that way.

9 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Either way you go with this, one side wouldn't be happy, especially since likely the missed game would be a win.  I guess I am pulling to make it a moot point, win out and putting us ahead of Kent a given.  MAC is probably pulling for a scenario where it does not matter.  Probably won't work that way.

Which to me is why I thought win percentage was the tie break? Wasn’t that the case last season when things were more chaotic?