Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

19 hours ago, Chet said:

Toledo's mens program has been so disappointing.  It seems like they choke every year. Great regular season and another exit without a title in Cleveland. 

Serious question, is Kowalczyk on the hot seat there?  If he can't win the MAC with this year's team, can he ever?

2 minutes ago, enrique14150 said:

Serious question, is Kowalczyk on the hot seat there?  If he can't win the MAC with this year's team, can he ever?

I don’t think so. Because he does win. They will be headed to the NIT again. And it’s Toledo. Not exactly a prestigious school. That all said, most of the players on the current roster will return next year (on paper) so you figure they run it back and will be right there at the top of the MAC again. If it happens again next season, then all bets are off.

2 hours ago, enrique14150 said:

I don’t think so but a case could be made. At some point you have to get over the hump. Though he’s had pretty consistent “success” so program heads may be satisfied.

1 minute ago, xDerekRx said:

A Segu buzzer beater away from being out, looks like Akron cruising to a MAC title tonight.

Man that Segu shot was close 😞. This game is over. I hate both schools but Kent got what they deserve. Funny thing about that video, one kid is redshirting and 2 are bench warmers. 

35 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Man that Segu shot was close 😞. This game is over. I hate both schools but Kent got what they deserve. Funny thing about that video, one kid is redshirting and 2 are bench warmers. 

It’s their culture from top to bottom. It’s just how they carry themselves. 

31 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

not really rooting for anyone, but found myself rooting against Kent...and Kent seems to be losing more starters than us...

I wasn’t really rooting for anyone. Hate both teams. But if we were in Akron’s position, how they shut up Kent and dominated them is exactly how you draw it up. Let the play on the floor speak volumes then have the last laugh when you’re victorious. 

22 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Akron gets a 13 seed and UCLA

Going to be a tough matchup for the Zips. UCLA has been on a roll. However, they do tend to underperform in the Big Dance at times, so we will see.

I’m more excited that our Bulls are potentially playing again Maryland in the 1st round. I hope that plays out so I can call in sick and go!

3 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

So….no CBI, CIT or whatever toilet bowl tournament that is left wanted us or maybe we were too cheap to play in?

CIT is now the Basketball Classic. It has expanded to 32 teams and no more pay to host. 

Ohio made the CBI. I’d imagine Kent gets an invite to the basketball classic. Maybe we do?

So it seems as though The Basketball Classic is having trouble getting 32 teams. 2 have declined so far. 12 accepted. If we don’t get invited to this it will be insult to injury. Whether we accept the invite is anyones guess.  

Edited by DooleyBull06