Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

This is currently on our site. If we don't get invited to this field, yikes! 14-15 Detroit Mercy? 

The following teams received an invitation to the 2022 TBC:
Note: Team records are before playing in the tournament

Team Conference Overall record
Appalachian State[2] Sun Belt 19–14
Coastal Carolina[3] Sun Belt 16–13
Detroit Mercy Horizon League 14-15
Florida Gulf Coast[4] Atlantic Sun 21–11
Fresno State Mountain West 19–13
New Orleans[5] Southland 18–13
Portland[6] West Coast 18–14
South Alabama[7] Sun Belt 19–11
Southern Utah Big Sky 20–11
UMBC[8] America East 18–14
USC Upstate Big South 14-16
UTEP[9] Conference USA 19–13
Wofford[10] Southern 19–13
Youngstown State[11] Horizon League 18–14

Declined:

9 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

This is currently on our site. If we don't get invited to this field, yikes! 14-15 Detroit Mercy? 

The following teams received an invitation to the 2022 TBC:
Note: Team records are before playing in the tournament

Appalachian State[2] Sun Belt 19–14
Coastal Carolina[3] Sun Belt 16–13
Detroit Mercy Horizon League 14-15
Florida Gulf Coast[4] Atlantic Sun 21–11
Fresno State Mountain West 19–13
New Orleans[5] Southland 18–13
Portland[6] West Coast 18–14
South Alabama[7] Sun Belt 19–11
Southern Utah Big Sky 20–11
UMBC[8] America East 18–14
USC Upstate Big South 14-16
UTEP[9] Conference USA 19–13
Wofford[10] Southern 19–13
Youngstown State[11] Horizon League 18–14

Declined:

There’s been one more additional. Maryland eastern shore. With a record of 11-15. Lol. This tournament is shaping up to be a joke. Far from what they envisioned. But damn I’d like to know if we were at least invited.

13 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

There’s been one more additional. Maryland eastern shore. With a record of 11-15. Lol. This tournament is shaping up to be a joke. Far from what they envisioned. But damn I’d like to know if we were at least invited.

So that makes 3 sub-500 teams. Wow.

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Yep. Another sub .500 team too. I think this tournament was supposed to start soon also. It’s become a joke that I still want to be invited to lmao. 

Appalachian State[2][3] Sun Belt 19–14
Coastal Carolina[4][5] Sun Belt 16–13
Detroit Mercy[6] Horizon League 14–15
Florida Gulf Coast[7] Atlantic Sun 21–11
Fresno State[8] Mountain West 19–13
Maryland Eastern Shore[5] MEAC 11–15
Merrimack[9] NEC 14–16
New Orleans[10] Southland 18–13
Portland[11] West Coast 18–14
South Alabama[12][13] Sun Belt 19–11
Southeastern Louisiana[13] Southland 19–14
Southern Utah[14] Big Sky 20–11
UMBC[15] America East 18–14
USC Upstate[3] Big South 14–16
UTEP[16][17] Conference USA 19–13
Western Illinois[17] Summit 16–15
Wofford[18] Southern 19–13
Youngstown State[19] Horizon League 18–14

Declined invitations[edit]

The following programs declined an invitation to play in the 2022 TBC:

Just now, UBinMD said:

The declined programs is growing faster than the confirmed to play. Never a good sign.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Kent State now in.

10 more slots open! Probably have games tomorrow or something crazy. I would like to see our name on the list or at least the declined list. I'm thinking our seniors may just head off to the NBA prep they started last year, but maybe not. Perhaps they are interested in restoring some of their pride before they end their college careers. Or go with our freshman team, Skogman and the remaining veterans and just put them out there for a game or two and see what happens!

8 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

10 more slots open! Probably have games tomorrow or something crazy. I would like to see our name on the list or at least the declined list. I'm thinking our seniors may just head off to the NBA prep they started last year, but maybe not. Perhaps they are interested in restoring some of their pride before they end their college careers. Or go with our freshman team, Skogman and the remaining veterans and just put them out there for a game or two and see what happens!

Exactly. If the seniors don’t wanna play ok fine, throw the younger guys out there for a game. We get to immediately see what next year will be like.

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Exactly. If the seniors don’t wanna play ok fine, throw the younger guys out there for a game. We get to immediately see what next year will be like.

Here is summary of the 22 teams sorted by kenpom.

image.png.c3f8182784bbf72e0118411a354c8175.png

A little bit of everything in there.

9 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Save the money that would be needed to travel etc. And put it towards getting a home game next season. Or an interesting 3rd jersey or try and grab a better non conference tournament in the coming years 

Part of me thinks that the program has already reached out to tournaments to tell them that UB isn't interested.   Perhaps the team spoke about this before Cleveland and it was the NCAAs-or-bust for the team (since they were senior-laden).  Note sure. 

29 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Save the money that would be needed to travel etc. And put it towards getting a home game next season. Or an interesting 3rd jersey or try and grab a better non conference tournament in the coming years 

Regular blue

Regular white

Gray

Black

Blue, with script Buffalo and skyline

These are not enough jerseys?

4 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Regular blue

Regular white

Gray

Black

Blue, with script Buffalo and skyline

These are not enough jerseys?

Lol for me as a fan yeah more than enough

But its something thats on the cheaper/easier side and probably means a lot to the players

32 minutes ago, UB92 said:

Part of me thinks that the program has already reached out to tournaments to tell them that UB isn't interested.   Perhaps the team spoke about this before Cleveland and it was the NCAAs-or-bust for the team (since they were senior-laden).  Note sure. 

Kind of would like if ub made it known that its a ncaa or nit school

Make that the standard and expectation 

3 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Kind of would like if ub made it known that its a ncaa or nit school

Make that the standard and expectation 

If I was the coach, I would accept any post season game. If the seniors don't want to play, sayonara. I would put in my young guys, give them a tournament experience, see what it looks like on the court, they can go home with a little swag. If nothing else, it extends your practice time just like bowl games. Nobody cares if the bowl is in Idaho, Mobile Alabama or Detroit. Just "going to a bowl" is all that matters to these kids at mid-major schools. To me there is no shame in going to any post season tournament. If your team does something great there, you can still get a highlight. Obviously a school at 11-15 still has the intestinal fortitude to give it their best shot. Not like we are too elite of a program that we can take our ball and go home if we don't get what we want. Syracuse has turned down the NIT and now they are on the outside looking in more times that not.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

If I was the coach, I would accept any post season game. If the seniors don't want to play, sayonara. I would put in my young guys, give them a tournament experience, see what it looks like on the court, they can go home with a little swag. If nothing else, it extends your practice time just like bowl games. Nobody cares if the bowl is in Idaho, Mobile Alabama or Detroit. Just "going to a bowl" is all that matters to these kids at mid-major schools. To me there is no shame in going to any post season tournament. If your team does something great there, you can still get a highlight. Obviously a school at 11-15 still has the intestinal fortitude to give it their best shot. Not like we are too elite of a program that we can take our ball and go home if we don't get what we want. Syracuse has turned down the NIT and now they are on the outside looking in more times that not.

I can see this reasoning as well

At the end of the day as long as the money that could be used to go to a season end tournament is re invested into the players/program I'm all for. If they choose the tournament thats awesome if not thats fine too