Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

8 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Good for him. While I am greatly opposed to the transfer portal, he owes Ohio nothing, as he was there for 5 years, playing 4 of them. If it wasn't for the crazy freebie year, he'd be done, so if he wants to go elsewhere for one, all the best for him. He was always a thorn in our side!

23 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Good for him. While I am greatly opposed to the transfer portal, he owes Ohio nothing, as he was there for 5 years, playing 4 of them. If it wasn't for the crazy freebie year, he'd be done, so if he wants to go elsewhere for one, all the best for him. He was always a thorn in our side!

Definitely a good list of schools.

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

I begrudge grad transfers nothing. 

Former Top 150 recruit who couldn't see the court at Louisville. Had offers from plenty of P5 schools out of HS. 6-11 forward. Will be a junior next season.

https://247sports.com/player/gabe-wiznitzer-46057505/

Was ranked 117th and a 4-star recruit by Rivals. Planned on redshirting freshmen year but didn't due to Covid season.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/gabe-wiznitzer-233211

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger

10 hours ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Former Top 150 recruit who couldn't see the court at Louisville. Had offers from plenty of P5 schools out of HS. 6-11 forward. Will be a junior next season.

https://247sports.com/player/gabe-wiznitzer-46057505/

Was ranked 117th and a 4-star recruit by Rivals. Planned on redshirting freshmen year but didn't due to Covid season.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/gabe-wiznitzer-233211

Cool. Can't wait to see him BVP us every time we play 🙄

Makes sense, Ben (Bennett) Vander Plas is named after his father’s college coach Dick Bennett, and he played with Tony Bennett. Didn’t realize that until they played in the NCAA tournament and the announcers mentioned it. I think he can fit in a Sam Hauser type role from a couple years ago there. Good for him and I’m glad he’s out of the MAC lol

Edited by trueblue32

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Toledo's Ryan Rollins chose to remain in the NBA Draft. Obviously a big loss for them, but good for the MAC showing it can produce talents like him and Preston. It will be interesting to see where he goes and how he progresses 

Here is BT estimate of impact:

image.png.b17262f5cdd9874f11d01f50cc9eaaeb.png

Toledo will likely be one of the favorites even without Rollins.

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Great path. Went from signing with MAC powerhouse (at the time), to MAC doormat, to Juco.

Put some respekt on their name, they're the last MAC West team to make the men's NCAA tournament 😂

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Ryan Rollins headed to the Warriors. They traded up to grab him in the second round. 

What a landing spot for him. Not hard to imagine him learning under Steph, Klay & Poole before emerging with their future young core of Wiseman, Kuminga & Moody. Good for the MAC, I suppose.

PS I have a funny feeling that Jeenathan is going to play summer league with the Lakers and maybe carve out a two-way deal.

• Like 1