Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

1 minute ago, Bluebird96 said:

Bates finished with 43, but not surprisingly it wasn’t enough to topple Toledo.

Lowly NIU leading Kent by 3 early in the 2nd. Maybe Kent isn’t so unbeatable after all?

Akron squeaked by MOH at home too.  I still say Kent and Akron since they play such tough D are going to be the teams to beat in March.

3 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

NIU walks away with a huge win, dropping 86 on the MAC’s elite. Not a very elite defensive performance there by Kent. Maybe NIU figured something out that the Bulls can duplicate on Saturday. 

Or they poked the bear!  Going to be tough this Friday night!

10 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Or they poked the bear!  Going to be tough this Friday night!

That's what they said about Ball St. They were going to come out on fire with the previous loss. Buffalo just has to come out and play their game, keep up the assists, reduce the turnovers and get the fast break points. I expect a good game.

NIU has also found their way lately and jumped ahead of UB into 5th with their convincing win @ WMU.

A logjam of teams just behind UB and BG at 3-6 fighting for the 8th spot. Need to start finding some wins or we’ll be on the outside looking in come March. Imagine that?

Edited by Bluebird96

10 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

NIU has also found their way lately and jumped ahead of UB into 5th with their convincing win @ WMU.

A logjam of teams just behind UB and BG at 3-6 fighting for the 8th spot. Need to start finding some wins or we’ll be on the outside looking in come March. Imagine that?

I just looked at NIU schedule, they also benefit from only one game each against Akron, Toledo and Kent, where they went 1-2.  We still have 3 games remaining with the top 3.   Not looking good.

34 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

EMU is starting to find some chemistry, winning two in a row.   I thought at 1-6 they were already done.  Not what you hope to see with them coming to Alumni soon.

With a scorer like Bates, if they just make it to Cleveland, they could be a dangerous first round opponent 

Some intriguing Friday night MACtion matchups, with EMU @ Ball State and Kent @ Akron.

Can Bates carry the Eagles to a win and take control of the 8 seed or possibly higher?  Ball is favored by 11 so it would be quite an upset.

Kent favored by 1.5 on the road against the red-hot Xavier Castaneda and the Zips riding a 7-game win streak. I think I would take Akron and the points if I was a betting man.