Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I agree with playing in the post season. For everything that has been said but also for recruiting, branding and exposure. We need to play into March. Recruits wanna see that. Plus by the administration letting the team play it shows commitment to the program also. 

Just don't go losing to Morgan St in March lol

5 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Just don't go losing to Morgan St in March lol

Lol…hey a loss to a really bad team might wake up the administration and give the fire Whitesell bunch more ammo. But in all seriousness if that were to happen, at least we would know what to address this off season and what to expect next season.

Just tying up loose ends…the basketball classic tournament will feature 21 teams. Pretty sad that they wanted 32 and settled for 21. Poor planning. Poor expectations. Either trim it next season or dissolve it.

On the UB front, I have to think we got an invite and declined? If that’s the case I’d like to know why? Just what’s the reasoning. Anyways, season is officially over. Enjoy the big dance fellas. See y’all when there’s recruiting news. 

9 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Toledo got smoked by 19 at home in round one of the NIT. Not a good showing for the MAC. We'll see if Akron fares better. Honestly, I couldn't care less, but hoping for a big win in the women's NCAA game for the MAC entrant!

Toledo shot 4/23 from 3, including Shumate 0/7 (and 0/11 overall with 0 pts…ouch).  That’s hard to overcome for any team.  Better luck on the big stage for the MAC women’s entrant in the NCAA. Go Bulls! 🤘

17 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Not a surprise, as was speculated he may have ambitions for P5.  Third player from Ball St in portal following dismissal of coach.

He looked fantastic in the limited time I saw him this year.  Definitely could be a fit for a bigger conference.

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

We have joined the 500 other teams in reaching out

Agree you might as well inquire.  What do people think of the other Ball State transfer, Miryne Thomas:

image.png.7fe909b27603671c52f8ccd60d50341c.png

He didn't have a good game against us this year - but overall his stats are decent - 36.4% on threes on 151 attempts.  Rebounding figures seem a bit low for a 6'8" player.

5 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Agree you might as well inquire.  What do people think of the other Ball State transfer, Miryne Thomas:

image.png.7fe909b27603671c52f8ccd60d50341c.png

He didn't have a good game against us this year - but overall his stats are decent - 36.4% on threes on 151 attempts.  Rebounding figures seem a bit low for a 6'8" player.

I don't know, a 3rd D1 school raises concerns for me. I understand there are always circumstances, but there has to be someone better out there we could key in on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I know this is around the MAC, but how about St. Peter's defeat of #2, Kentucky.  Love it!

It's the MA(A)C. That's a crazy upset. Iona was supposed to be the team there, they get knocked off and St Pete's grabs a huge win over the blue blood.

1 minute ago, skrabukes said:

Akron doesn't get the cheap bailout foul on the final drive, unlike vs. UB. 

Ali had the wide open man in the corner, but didn't look to pass to him, wanted the glory, instead cost them.

Yea. It def wasn’t a foul either. It’s nice to see good officiating. 

Ultimately, UCLA was just too much. They were a deep runner last year and they will do it again this year, I believe. They returned their whole team and they just had an off night tonight. If they are on, Akron don’t Jane a chance.

Good for them sticking with UCLA though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Freeman fouling out seemed to give UCLA new life. Had Ali given Akron anything in this game it might’ve been a different story. But strong showing by the Zips. 

Also playing less iso ball may have helped the Zips’ cause. Only 4 assists on 21 made baskets.