Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

Ohio down 21 at the half to Marshall, who beat Akron by 11 in their last game and Miami by 26 couple weeks ago.

Miami lost by 27 to Indiana State today, who beat Drake by 2 in their last game.

Ball State lost by 1 to Duquesne, who beat Colgate by 5 earlier this season.

Interesting to see how other MAC teams are faring against common opponents of UB’s (or vs opponents who have common opponents w/ UB). Seems like we’ll be right in the mix in conference play. 

Edited by Bluebird96
  • Like 1

Kent plays @ Gonzaga (-15.5) tonight @ 9:00. I don’t see a TV listing for it. Will be interesting to see if the MAC pre-season favorites can give the Zags any kind of a fight.  Some of the big dogs have looked very vulnerable lately, I’d hate to see another one toppled tonight by a lowly MAC team 😂

2 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

The cameras haven’t shown the Zags much. Usually following excited Kent players faces. 

Sincere Carry only shooting 4/13 with 10 pts. Would’ve thought he’d need to have a big night for Kent to stand a chance. Let’s hope they can hang on for the final 3:00

3 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Some well deserved attention for Curtis Jones, MAC men's basketball player of the week.

He had taken a huge step forward. I was hoping he would become one of our go to guys, but he had exceeded my expectations for this year. Only 10 turnovers this last game was great, especially against a quality opponent. Hopefully the coaching staff emphasized that in film study.

Hoping to see more from players 6-12 tonight against SJF to get them confidence and game experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

He had taken a huge step forward. I was hoping he would become one of our go to guys, but he had exceeded my expectations for this year. Only 10 turnovers this last game was great, especially against a quality opponent. Hopefully the coaching staff emphasized that in film study.

Hoping to see more from players 6-12 tonight against SJF to get them confidence and game experience.

Tonight's game is the type that you could see some big numbers from Blocker / Ceaser.

Watched a bit of EMU vs Illinois State (#253 Kenpom) tonight.  EMU is truly a 2-man team.  Bates and Farrakhan are great, but none of the others scare me.  Bates will give UB some trouble with his size, assuming Chatman is still out.  It was neck and neck, but once Farrakhan fouled out with about 2 minutes to go, EMU was cooked.  They went ice cold under 4 and Illinois State just simply outplayed em to get the win.

8 hours ago, UBlearns said:

Watched a bit of EMU vs Illinois State (#253 Kenpom) tonight.  EMU is truly a 2-man team.  Bates and Farrakhan are great, but none of the others scare me.  Bates will give UB some trouble with his size, assuming Chatman is still out.  It was neck and neck, but once Farrakhan fouled out with about 2 minutes to go, EMU was cooked.  They went ice cold under 4 and Illinois State just simply outplayed em to get the win.

I watched a little as well. They mentioned that Illinois State was shorthanded too, missing at least on starter.  The problem for EMU appears to be a very porous defense.

737088642_Screenshot_20221208-0648482.thumb.png.f7f064c1f8ce6751e64b73635b1f51f5.png

Despite their struggles, I will still be concerned with them in Cleveland as potential is there.  I could envision a 2/7 game against Toledo ending in EMU's favor.

3 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Toledo just squeaked out a 1-Pt win and Kent is in a battle with Cleveland State (#211 Kenpom).  Maybe the top 3 of the MAC isn’t as far ahead of the field as originally thought. 

The MAC is rarely that far apart top to bottom. That’s why it’s a 1 bid league usually.