Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

2 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

EMU @ Akron (-14.0) tonight on ESPNU @ 7:00. Will be interesting to see if Bates can lead his team to an upset or if he’ll be content to get his 20 pts and go home.

And Bates is not carrying EMU to the win or scoring his 20 pts...only 1 point so far in first half

Edited by DocCas86
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

And Bates is not carrying EMU to the win or scoring his 20 pts...only 1 point so far in first half

Brutal showing by the 5-star recruit. 1/12 including 0/5 from 3 for 3 pts, EMU down 40 with under 6:00 to go and only 7 assists as a team as Akron looks to drop well over 100.  Meanwhile all 5 of Akron’s starters are in double figures with 20 team assists. 

21 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Brutal showing by the 5-star recruit. 1/12 including 0/5 from 3 for 3 pts, EMU down 40 with under 6:00 to go and only 7 assists as a team as Akron looks to drop well over 100.  Meanwhile all 5 of Akron’s starters are in double figures with 20 team assists. 

I would say that EMU has probably hit rock bottom, do they find a way to play better, or does everyone check out for rest of the year?  Definitely some serious attitude problems on this team.

On 7/1/2022 at 10:43 AM, Kevin said:

This is what hiring a coach with pedigree can do for you. Instantly toward the top of the MAC with all the players who have left. But they were able to fill with big names. 

This comment did not age well.  Heath may be a good coach, but this shows nothing is guaranteed.

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

This comment did not age well.  Heath may be a good coach, but this shows nothing is guaranteed.

Just shows if you bring in the wrong personalities they become team cancers which appears to be what happens. Maybe the coach can right the ship but the body language is not great,

This may be a comment that does not age well, but I would not be surprised if 10.5 point underdog Miami OH keeps the game today with Ball St a one or two possession game.  I don't feel that the last two games MOH has played like a team ranked less than 250.  If I was a gambler, I would take the points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

This may be a comment that does not age well, but I would not be surprised if 10.5 point underdog Miami OH keeps the game today with Ball St a one or two possession game.  I don't feel that the last two games MOH has played like a team ranked less than 250.  If I was a gambler, I would take the points.

If they shoot like they did against us, they’ll win. So I agree with taking the points.

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Just shows if you bring in the wrong personalities they become team cancers which appears to be what happens. Maybe the coach can right the ship but the body language is not great,

The whole situation is weird to me. Was Bates that over rated of a recruit that he can’t even selfishly carry EMU? I start to wonder…how long before he flat quits on the team?

7 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

The whole situation is weird to me. Was Bates that over rated of a recruit that he can’t even selfishly carry EMU? I start to wonder…how long before he flat quits on the team?

Last night seems pretty close to quitting on the team.  I still can't help but think they turn it around.  So far this season I think they were better last year without Bates.  Not that they were good last year.

24 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Last night seems pretty close to quitting on the team.  I still can't help but think they turn it around.  So far this season I think they were better last year without Bates.  Not that they were good last year.

Didn't I see him sitting by himself at the end of the bench when everyone else was in the huddle or was that someone else?

6 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Well I was wrong!  Good thing I don't bet.

• Haha 1

There is a poster on here who gets exacerbated by flat lines in UBs game flow.  

I hope he is not also a fan of BGSU.   
The Falcons were up 57-48 in Kalamazoo with about 17 minutes to go. 

Six minutes later, they were down 69-59.  Nothing like a six minute 21-2 to jumpstart a team.  

Broncos went on to win by 16.  

12 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Should be some good matchups Friday night on CBSSN starting with Ball @ Kent. Kent favored by 9, I’d be surprised if Ball State doesn’t keep it closer.  Toledo favored by 4 vs UB. Could get interesting atop the MAC standings if the underdogs both pull off the upset. 

I agree these are the two best games in MAC this weekend.  Based on common opponents in MAC, I would think Kent by 9 does seem a little high, but not terribly.

As for UB / Toledo, hoping the Bulls continue solid play at home and come away with the win.

9 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I agree these are the two best games in MAC this weekend.  Based on common opponents in MAC, I would think Kent by 9 does seem a little high, but not terribly.

As for UB / Toledo, hoping the Bulls continue solid play at home and come away with the win.

I obviously don't know what I am talking about.  Kent is up big at the half.

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

I obviously don't know what I am talking about.  Kent is up big at the half.

That makes two of us. Kent wins by 21 and it was never even close. Definitely asserting themselves as the team to beat. Hopefully UB can put up more of a fight than Ball did next Friday night. 

31 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

That makes two of us. Kent wins by 21 and it was never even close. Definitely asserting themselves as the team to beat. Hopefully UB can put up more of a fight than Ball did next Friday night. 

They look good for sure, but the announcers talking Final 4 run may be a little bold on that. Let’s see home the season plays out first 

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

They look good for sure, but the announcers talking Final 4 run may be a little bold on that. Let’s see home the season plays out first 

Yeah, I rolled my eyes a bit when they made that Final 4 statement. But at 16-3 with a NET ranking in the 30’s, I wonder if Kent would be a legitimate at-large candidate if they don’t win the MACC? Could be the MAC’s best chance to get 2 bids to the dance in quite some time if only Kent can slip and lose to UB in the MAC finals 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

Yeah, I rolled my eyes a bit when they made that Final 4 statement. But at 16-3 with a NET ranking in the 30’s, I wonder if Kent would be a legitimate at-large candidate if they don’t win the MACC? Could be the MAC’s best chance to get 2 bids to the dance in quite some time if only Kent can slip and lose to UB in the MAC finals 😂

Glad I wasn’t the only one to hear that. I’ll still roll my eyes. I’m on record now…they ain’t making no final 4. Might be ranked as soon as next week tho.

2 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Take me back a few years

• Like 1