Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Lance Leipold to Kansas

promotherobot

38 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

$$$ and nothing more.

I have no problem with that at all, you do you and setup your family for their future. My saltiness comes from the timing and the pillaging of quality players that put us behind the 8-ball going into the season. I am very happy with Coach Mo, the players are playing hard and I really feel like we can end the regular season at 9-2. Year 2 under Coach Mo will undoubtedly be better. If we win the MACC and a quality bowl, hopefully my salt will subside.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I get players like Lance but why waste your remaining eligibility losing week after week? 

The dream of the NFL, they figure going to even a crappy P5 gets them more credibility than 1st Team All-MAC apparently. LL also probably sold them on the fact they could lay the foundation for a program change. The WRs leaving was an odd one for me if they wanted throws. I would have rolled the dice with a new OC, those guys already know what the KU OC is all about, just with worse RBs. At least Gall went to a program that might actually make it to a bowl game.

6 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

On their board some Kansas fans were pretty bummed out that not only did they get our coach and staff, they poached some of our best players...and UB still has a better football program. (based on the Coastal Carolina game)

They'd be delusional to think otherwise. Not that UB is Alabama, but c'mon, they're Kansas.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 5:14 PM, UBinMD said:

The dream of the NFL, they figure going to even a crappy P5 gets them more credibility than 1st Team All-MAC apparently. LL also probably sold them on the fact they could lay the foundation for a program change. The WRs leaving was an odd one for me if they wanted throws. I would have rolled the dice with a new OC, those guys already know what the KU OC is all about, just with worse RBs. At least Gall went to a program that might actually make it to a bowl game.

Thats what was weird to me about guys following Lance. The trend these days in college football seems to be go to winning programs, as winning programs get attention

To me it seems if players cant get to a team that can make a run at the playoffs the next best players are going to the best group of 5 teams (Cincinnati/ucf/coastal)

Seems to cause every conference to be very top heavy and the bottom of each conference to be trash 

51 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

On their board some Kansas fans were pretty bummed out that not only did they get our coach and staff, they poached some of our best players...and UB still has a better football program. (based on the Coastal Carolina game)

Good, screw them. They can have the OC.

If they think they were going to a bowl game this year at Kansas, someone sold them a bill of goods. No chance they were going to win 6  with that schedule. I guess they liked Lance better than the unknown. I think they were all short sighted, aside from Jacob Gall, he went to a decent P5 team and is starting at Center, so he should be in a good position for his future.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:14 PM, UBinMD said:

7 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

The dream of the NFL???    I thought it was so they would be home for Christmas.

Buffalo and Kansas both have 4 players on NFL active rosters right now. Since 2010, UB has had 7 drafted players. Kansas has had 9. I'd call it a draw.

Edited by promotherobot

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

All of that being said, I think KU will be a better football team in a year or 2, than they were before LL Cool Coach took over.

I don't disagree, I just don't think they will compete in the conference, but with OU and Texas taking their talents to the Southeast, maybe they will be the cream of the crop for the remaining league. Could be the MAC of the mid-south.

14 hours ago, HomeyG said:

Maybe LL and company will come shopping at UB again for a back?

Probably not. At this point there’s more upside playing for UB than Kansas. Kansas is going to get swallowed in conference play. By the time Lance starts to scrap together some quality players, it will probably be too late and they’ll fire him, just like the rest. 

2 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Probably not. At this point there’s more upside playing for UB than Kansas. Kansas is going to get swallowed in conference play. By the time Lance starts to scrap together some quality players, it will probably be too late and they’ll fire him, just like the rest. 

Kansas is a 5-6 year rebuild with 100% turnover and a group of players that are all recruits and transfers that buy in to the system and culture. Kansas has never shown the patience to allow that. If UB used that measuring stick, LL would not have been able to start us on our current culture and prominence. 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Kansas is a 5-6 year rebuild with 100% turnover and a group of players that are all recruits and transfers that buy in to the system and culture. Kansas has never shown the patience to allow that. If UB used that measuring stick, LL would not have been able to start us on our current culture and prominence. 

Boosters for Kansas are gonna give him like 3 years max, which to your point, not remotely enough time. 

14 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Boosters for Kansas are gonna give him like 3 years max, which to your point, not remotely enough time. 

I also think with the departure of OU and Texas his recruiting efforts are going to be even harder than before. His only hope is the remaining Big 12 teams get decimated too and it becomes a crappy league that they can move towards the top of.

On 9/22/2021 at 6:59 PM, UBinMD said:

As long as it’s not McDuffie. I think he will be special plus a couple new guys that will likely redshirt this season. Coach Mo will not have trouble bringing in talent.

My son not going anywhere he absolutely love the coaching staff… 

Edited by UBbulls8
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

McDuffie has been really impressive so far.  You could tell from game 1 that the 2021 UB offensive line is not the same dominant run blocking unit that they've been in recent years.  Maybe they'll improve as the season goes on...maybe some young guys will develop.  In the meantime the RB's are mostly grinding out yards on their own and McDuffie is doing it the best.

Sorry,  this is a Leipold thread..    Don't poach any more of our players Lance!

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 10:46 PM, UBbulls8 said:

My son not going anywhere he absolutely love the coaching staff… 

Thanks guys for the kind words..12pm we have western Michigan here in Buffalo so make sure you guys are in the stands and bring a friend or family member… coach Lester recruited Dylan (Hard) so I expect there going to be a little added energy..Horns Up GO BULLS 

• Thanks 1