Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

CMU @5

Dabulls

I don’t know much about CMU and how they match up against us. Travon Broadway Jr is their best player and averages 17.5 ppg. Other than that I’m not sure who else they have. If we play well in the first half I can’t see them giving us too much of a hard time

21 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

I don’t know much about CMU and how they match up against us. Travon Broadway Jr is their best player and averages 17.5 ppg. Other than that I’m not sure who else they have. If we play well in the first half I can’t see them giving us too much of a hard time

We are favored by 13.5, so I'm hopeful we keep it rolling and bring our A game from the outset and buildup a nice lead early.

29 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

We are favored by 13.5, so I'm hopeful we keep it rolling and bring our A game from the outset and buildup a nice lead early.

That’s been the defining trait so far of the Whitesell era.  We don’t come out with intensity against (projected) weaker opponents after a win.  This game is another opportunity to see if this continues or if we take control early.  I don’t want us down 32 - 29 at halftime. 

It probably isn’t fair to call this the “defining trait”, in retrospect.  There have also been very poor/questionable play late in games, so that could be a defining trait as well.  😀

28 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Darn. Just found out planned on watching a replay 

Now I gotta watch the sabres as my entertainment tonight. 

Screw you covid

Same here.  I stayed away from spoilers and kept waiting for ESPN+ to post the replay with no update.  Finally gave in and went to just check the final score, and saw it was postponed.

As always hope all those with virus recovery fully.  

It seems to me it is becoming increasingly difficult for the Bulls to play full 20 games, as there are 3 games that were postponed so far.  I am wondering what options will be if they proceed with MAC tournament / NCAA tournament.  Can these be pushed back to allow make up dates in various conferences? I would expect we are not only conference with this issue.   Does MAC tournament get cancelled and regular season winner represent MAC.  Would the MAC seeding for a tournament be based on games played.  It is pretty clear what teams wouldn't be playing in Cleveland, the Michigan schools and Northern, but seeding is uncertain.  Could our seeding be hurt by losing possibly two of easiest games.  Hard to envision what March is going to look like.

3 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

As always hope all those with virus recovery fully.  

It seems to me it is becoming increasingly difficult for the Bulls to play full 20 games, as there are 3 games that were postponed so far.  I am wondering what options will be if they proceed with MAC tournament / NCAA tournament.  Can these be pushed back to allow make up dates in various conferences? I would expect we are not only conference with this issue.   Does MAC tournament get cancelled and regular season winner represent MAC.  Would the MAC seeding for a tournament be based on games played.  It is pretty clear what teams wouldn't be playing in Cleveland, the Michigan schools and Northern, but seeding is uncertain.  Could our seeding be hurt by losing possibly two of easiest games.  Hard to envision what March is going to look like.

The MAC has done a completely awful job with scheduling and making these games up.  As you have mentioned Buffalo still has three games now to make up and my guess is this won't be the last of it.  There is zero consistency, the Kent-Ball State game got postponed last night so they immediately got Kent State and Bowling Green scheduled for today, which is great, so why is it sometimes you are immediately making games up and at other times you are still sitting on postponements from Jan. 1 (UB-Akron).

This past Saturday, Buffalo was one of four teams to not play a game and only NIU was on pause. So why are three teams off? There should have absolutely been a game scheduled there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BullBoy said:

The MAC has done a completely awful job with scheduling and making these games up.  As you have mentioned Buffalo still has three games now to make up and my guess is this won't be the last of it.  There is zero consistency, the Kent-Ball State game got postponed last night so they immediately got Kent State and Bowling Green scheduled for today, which is great, so why is it sometimes you are immediately making games up and at other times you are still sitting on postponements from Jan. 1 (UB-Akron).

This past Saturday, Buffalo was one of four teams to not play a game and only NIU was on pause. So why are three teams off? There should have absolutely been a game scheduled there.

The MAC is awful in a lot of regards.  Never proactive.  The shame of it all was that the games being postponed are get right games for us.  We needed those conference wins.