Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ohio Tonight

BullBoy

1 minute ago, BullBoy said:

People do realize we have a nationally televised game tonight right?

Or does just nobody on this board care anymore?

Probably at work so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Preston and Vander plas always seem to give us a hard time, especially Preston. Hopefully Mballa can cover vander plas and we put a quicker player on Preston, Segu possibly. I see this as a must win game for us, we got the spotlight.

3 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Probably at work so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Preston and Vander plas always seem to give us a hard time, especially Preston. Hopefully Mballa can cover vander plas and we put a quicker player on Preston, Segu possibly. I see this as a must win game for us, we got the spotlight.

I am ready for the showdown with Ohio and hope they bring their A game. I know most people are ready to run Whitesell out of town and hope and pray for the next Oats, but I'm still with these guys in this crazy season with all the crap they have to deal with to continue to gel as a unit and get to the Dance!

I'm waiting until the game starts before I get excited. Last time I was excited 45 minutes before a game, my hopes were swiftly dashed. 

Must win, if there is such a thing anymore. It's been over a week since they've played, at home, need to take care of business.  I'm hopeful. Gotta play D, crash the boards, not turn over the ball, and hit some shots (and maybe make FTs?). Sounds reasonable, right?

48 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I am ready for the showdown with Ohio and hope they bring their A game. I know most people are ready to run Whitesell out of town and hope and pray for the next Oats, but I'm still with these guys in this crazy season with all the crap they have to deal with to continue to gel as a unit and get to the Dance!

I think this is an unfair categorization in many ways.

"Run Whitesell out of town" is probably not the best characterization of the opinions, but is the most sensational.   We can win with a coach like Whitesell (or any "non Oats" coach), but there are certain shortcomings he has that are probably not the things that get changed in people with his lengthy experience.  And that's frustrating, since it directly impacts wins and losses (e.g. motivating his team, making the right decisions at the end of game, etc.)

Also, I would very strongly suspect that all of those who are not sold on Whitesell are "still with these guys in this crazy season with all the crap they have to deal with to continue to gel as a unit and get to the Dance!"    You don't have to be one or the other.  

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

I'm waiting until the game starts before I get excited. Last time I was excited 45 minutes before a game, my hopes were swiftly dashed. 

Must win, if there is such a thing anymore. It's been over a week since they've played, at home, need to take care of business.  I'm hopeful. Gotta play D, crash the boards, not turn over the ball, and hit some shots (and maybe make FTs?). Sounds reasonable, right?

Must win! The team game out and scored 7 points to start the game

8 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Its really crazy how poorly they come out in the 1st half every game

I think that's the makeup of this team.  Get killed early, storm back to make it a game, maybe even take the lead...then finally lose at the very end in heartbreaking fashion.

• Like 1