Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Willie Lightfoot

DooleyBull06

5 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

They say no to every offer they get, except the one they accept.

Obviously. Like duh. Thats not what I meant though. I’m talking about through the recruiting process. You have player X being recruited by 5 schools. Then a 6th school comes into the picture. Does the player ever say nah don’t waste your time I won’t even consider you?  Instead they run straight to social and post “Blessed to receive an offer from this crap university that I have no interest in.” 

4 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Obviously. Like duh. Thats not what I meant though. I’m talking about through the recruiting process. You have player X being recruited by 5 schools. Then a 6th school comes into the picture. Does the player ever say nah don’t waste your time I won’t even consider you?  Instead they run straight to social and post “Blessed to receive an offer from this crap university that I have no interest in.” 

I see what you mean, but after a long silence for this to come out of nowhere could be something. I've seen stranger things.

(If Derrick Lively got an offer from Niagara tomorrow, I don't think he'd post about it.)

20 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Interesting, does he have some connection there? A coach, other player?

Maybe they’ve been in contact with him for a while and just offered. Could be a reason why we haven’t heard much in the recruiting front with him. Hopefully he visits UB soon, Coach Quarles liked the photo

I don't have any inside info, but I feel pretty confidently that he doesn't have a committable offer from us anymore.  Hasn't been any news on him visiting UB after being in his top 5 and our first commit in the class was at the same position.  Seems like his recruitment his fallen off after early offers from Minnesota, Oregon, Alabama, Marquette, and us.

Edited by trueblue32
  • Like 1

7 months ago he released a top 5 with 4 HM and UB (we originally offered over 3 years ago), then he goes off the map and pops up at BG.  Let's apply some common sense here.

His recruiting pedigree has continually dropped too starting at 84 in February 2020 and currently sitting at 201

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Willie-Lightfoot-at-Sunrise-Christian-256369/RecruitRankHistory/

Edited by trueblue32
  • Like 1

We also have a PG committed in his class, might have scared him away. I really don’t care if I guy from the WNY area commits elsewhere, a player goes where they believe they can play the most and see best fit. It has nothing to do with our staffs recruiting abilities, we are still bringing in great talent. Last years class was strong and this years started by grabbing a three star PG. if we don’t land him, on to the next one

15 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

... His recruiting pedigree has continually dropped too starting at 84 in February 2020 ...

It's a little odd that at the same time that his ranking dropped from 84 to 131, his rating improved from .92 to .93.  I guess that just shows how many new players were evaluated for their first time, at that time.