Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

“Blue collar U” TBT

Bill

Looks like some alum are starting a team for “The Basketball Tournament”! Just based off of who they follow, Looks like CJ, Jeremy, Wes, Dontay, Davonta, Perk and probably more. Should be exciting to see how they do! 

84FEA7EB-2C66-402F-AB0E-E34127F717E6.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Jeseph's post provided following link to FAQ.  This seems most useful at this point.

http://thetournament.com/faq

Application/selection process runs from May to June 15th.

Well that explains why no field is offered yet. Are there more teams than invites? Is there a chance UB gets passed over for some P5-related team?

27 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Well that explains why no field is offered yet. Are there more teams than invites? Is there a chance UB gets passed over for some P5-related team?

There were 64 teams in 2019.  I didn't check last year, but was thinking was not played.  There was a team in 2019 with players from MAC, Mid American Unity. 

Here is the roster of Mid-American Unity

• Michael Porrini, Kent State, GM
  • Jehvon Clarke, BGSU, Guard
  • D.J. Cooper, Ohio, Guard
  • Dru Joyce, Akron, Guard
  • Reginald Keely, Ohio, Forward
  • Kyle Randall, CMU, Guard
  • Khaliq Spicer, Kent, Center
  • Romeo Travis, Akron, Forward
  • Demetrius Treadwell, Akron, Forward
  • Jay Youngblood, Kent, Guard

They lost in the second round by two points to Red Scare, a team comprised of Dayton players.

Edited by DocCas86

• 3 weeks later...

So to add to the confusion.  I received an email today with apparel for the teams but nothing for Blue Collar U apparel. Thinking the 7th place team in the big 12 took their spot, I went to the website and it says Blue Collar U is in the Columbus region. No other details given so I think they are in...

16 minutes ago, ntsfinest said:

So to add to the confusion.  I received an email today with apparel for the teams but nothing for Blue Collar U apparel. Thinking the 7th place team in the big 12 took their spot, I went to the website and it says Blue Collar U is in the Columbus region. No other details given so I think they are in...

Are you coaching them up?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FordTime35 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlueCollarUTBT/status/1395432935831003139

Hopefully everyone locks their stuff lol.

Looks like a solid team coming together!

Lol low blow! Seems he's done pretty well for himself in the 6 years since. Most recently played for a team in the Canadian NBL with 3 guys named J. Harris (none of whom were Jeremy) 😆

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...