Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

“Blue collar U” TBT

Bill

5 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

Doesn’t it seem like they have too many players on the team? I expect only 8 will really get serious minutes so I wonder who will be on the bench.  Also, wonder why no updates of them practicing. Anyone hear anything as far as practice?

Saw a tweet of them thanking UB for allowing them to use their facilities for practice. Saw multiple guys posting that they’re in Buffalo. I’d assume they’re all here practicing this week 

6 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

Doesn’t it seem like they have too many players on the team? I expect only 8 will really get serious minutes so I wonder who will be on the bench.  Also, wonder why no updates of them practicing. Anyone hear anything as far as practice?

Getting to the championship entails going to two locations over three weekends. It’s not uncommon in the TBT to not have your full roster for certain rounds. My impression is the original roster is the core guys (with some guys still not getting much time) and the late adds of Johnson and Dennis may have been to fill out the roster for people that could miss games. I don’t have any inside info or anything but that’s my assumption

33 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Moss is there, he's just got much longer hair now lol. Wearing the 31 jersey here on the left

image.png.08734b5ee96f6236d241f35cb50717bb.png

Perk looking DIESEL. Really happy and proud that he has carved out a very strong Euro career. Wonder if he'd ever get a G League look if his 3% settled in around 40%.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Perk looking DIESEL. Really happy and proud that he has carved out a very strong Euro career. Wonder if he'd ever get a G League look if his 3% settled in around 40%.

He almost certainly could be in the G-League now, I'm guessing he's in Europe for the money, and I wouldn't be surprised if Massinburg moves that way eventually.  G-League pay is terrible comparatively, a lot of guys play there for a couple years to chase the NBA dream and then end up going elsewhere.  Guys also occasionally work their way to the NBA after starting in Europe. One guy in recent memory is Mike James on the Nets, he played in Europe as well as the TBT a few times.

31 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRo9hXXtLHL/?utm_medium=copy_link

UB men’s hoops Instagram posted a picture of the current squad with the TBT team. Mading is crazy tall

Love everything about this. Love the old, recent and new coming together. This is how tradition and legacies grow. Hope the current players picked the brains of the vets. And really hope they played some competitive pickup.  

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Glad they got all the fellas together while everyone is in town. Very cool to see a decade's worth of Bulls connecting. Great for the health of the program.

PS Mading is on his tiptoes if you look closely 😂

Oh wow good catch. Mading caught juicing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Love everything about this. Love the old, recent and new coming together. This is how tradition and legacies grow. Hope the current players picked the brains of the vets. And really hope they played some competitive pickup.  

This is true on both football and basketball. The coaches are doing a great job bring back the guys that started it all to motivate the new guys. Love seeing this. I hope it continues. 

• Like 3