Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

“Blue collar U” TBT

Bill

9 minutes ago, FordTime35 said:

https://ubbulls.com/news/2022/6/22/mens-basketball-tbt-2022-bracket-and-matchup-revealed-for-buffalo-alumni-team-blue-collar-u.aspx

First round matchup set for July 22nd in Syracuse and looks like most of the team is set.  Happy to see my man Xavier Ford on the team!

#2 seed in their bracket.  First round opponent Neumann Goretti alum.   Looking forward to this year's tournament.

31 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Didn't those guys play on the team last year? I'm pretty sure the TCU one did at least.

I believe Lillard is new to the team this year. Edric Dennis Jr. did play with them last year - I believe he is friends with CJ.

18 hours ago, Bill said:

Dennis was pretty good for the team last year too. Pretty sure he’s friends with a lot of them, not just CJ. No idea where Lillard came into the mix. Will be neat to see Ford with this group as well. 

Dennis was CJ's childhood friend, but I'm sure he's built more relationships with everyone over the last year.  Lillard knows at least Montell McRae, he's a Cleveland guy and obviously he played against everyone when he was at BG.  I liked him a lot at BG he was one of the few MAC guys that could compete athletically at the time with UB.  He's probably depth more than anything, but wing depth was a need.  Harris and Hamilton were our only two wings last year IIRC

Just now, mikescherrer8 said:

I’d love to see Graves and Jordan.

Yeah those are the two that I feel we're missing.  I'm guessing Graves is hoping he lands on the Spurs summer league team first. Jordan being missing is surprising but who knows what all these guys have going on in life outside of basketball.

Just now, trueblue32 said:

Yeah those are the two that I feel we're missing.  I'm guessing Graves is hoping he lands on the Spurs summer league team first. Jordan being missing is surprising but who knows what all these guys have going on in life outside of basketball.

You also recall the pot is split evenly, so having 2 more guys "just in case" is not a financial strategy. They could both be on reserve in case someone drops, injury, etc. But split 13 ways versus 11 ways (plus the coaches) is a big hit.

2 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

You also recall the pot is split evenly, so having 2 more guys "just in case" is not a financial strategy. They could both be on reserve in case someone drops, injury, etc. But split 13 ways versus 11 ways (plus the coaches) is a big hit.

It's not necessarily split evenly, teams determine how the million would be split up, but yes that is certainly a consideration.  If someone like Graves significantly boosts your chances at getting to the money though I can't imagine some of the other guys wouldn't reduce some of their cut though.

• 3 weeks later...

Played at Romulus under Nate Oats and with Wes Clark. So that means no Davonta Jordan which is surprising and no Jayvon Graves. I think Graves might join Mid American Unity, he shared something of their on Instagram and it might make more sense for him with them playing in Ohio. He’s also connected to Romeo Travis from SVSM.

We also never got an official announcement for CJ and the TBT podcast said he won’t be playing this year, but he’s listed on the roster. I know his wife just had a baby so maybe he’d join for the second weekend if we make it that far

Edited by trueblue32

Looks like the guys are in town and preparing for this weekend at Alumni.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgP3KXHAEVm/

I really like seeing our current guys hanging with CJ et al. Creating connections and continuity across the Oats and Whitesell eras is crucial for the health of the program/brand.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/jiggy.curt/2886618035932631921/

On 7/14/2022 at 11:13 AM, trueblue32 said:

Played at Romulus under Nate Oats and with Wes Clark. So that means no Davonta Jordan which is surprising and no Jayvon Graves. I think Graves might join Mid American Unity, he shared something of their on Instagram and it might make more sense for him with them playing in Ohio. He’s also connected to Romeo Travis from SVSM.

We also never got an official announcement for CJ and the TBT podcast said he won’t be playing this year, but he’s listed on the roster. I know his wife just had a baby so maybe he’d join for the second weekend if we make it that far

Graves is officially on the mid American unity roster. Feels weird that he isn’t on the Buffalo team

6 hours ago, UBFAN2001 said:

I was able to watch most of it.  Blue Collar U dominated them.  It's fun seeing these guys play together.  Wish we could roll back to the Nate Oats days at Buffalo!  

Could start by terminating you know who and hiring Bryan Hodgson. 🤘

15 hours ago, Chet said:

Could start by terminating you know who and hiring Bryan Hodgson. 🤘

Only if we can bring back that Oats team with him.

BCU had a much tougher go today against Friday Beers. Trailed by as much as 12 in the 2nd half but came back and won 78-75. Onto the Sweet 16!

FYI this website lost its security certificate again. Can the mods get that reinstated?

• Like 1