Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

“Blue collar U” TBT

Bill

3 hours ago, rma said:

Pretty sure he makes more at Alabama and they way he left wasn't really great.

AD Alnutt isn't unwise. I am pretty sure that they both moved passed any issues that might have existed. I would guess that Coach Hodgson would still be very interested in leading the Bulls. Alnutt needs to get the mens basketball program back on track. I would be very intrigued by Hodgson. I hope Coach Whitesell proves me and many other on this board wrong, but I'd be very surprised.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, promotherobot said:

FYI this website lost its security certificate again. Can the mods get that reinstated?

Thank you to those who fixed the security issue.  Now if I could humbly ask you to fix name in recruit thread for Frankquon.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday during the game one of the announcers made mention that buffalo was going to be a regional location next year

Have tried to find info to confirm that but have had no luck

Was I just hearing things or did the announcer inadvertently say it 

Anyone else hear this or find info on it? 

4 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Yesterday during the game one of the announcers made mention that buffalo was going to be a regional location next year

Have tried to find info to confirm that but have had no luck

Was I just hearing things or did the announcer inadvertently say it 

Anyone else hear this or find info on it? 

No official announcement but Bulletpoints announced it on their twitter before the game.

• Thanks 1

Glad we fixed the website. Hope that doesn’t happen again.

As for Blue Collar U, it’s such a blessing to get to watch these group of players continue to play. During the boring July month of sports it’s great to have something to root for. Lastly, we’ll have to play well to beat the Nerd Team. They can shoot it and don’t turn the ball over. Let’s get the W and keep things rolling!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

Glad we fixed the website. Hope that doesn’t happen again.

As for Blue Collar U, it’s such a blessing to get to watch these group of players continue to play. During the boring July month of sports it’s great to have something to root for. Lastly, we’ll have to play well to beat the Nerd Team. They can shoot it and don’t turn the ball over. Let’s get the W and keep things rolling!

It's great watching this team toying with an opponent, letting them lead all game, then stick the dagger in them! Just like those great Bulls teams. Oats really left his mark on these guys. Never stop fighting for the ball. 

With Boeheim's team upset in the 2nd round, it leaves a wide open lane for BCU for the million $$$.

I wonder where they would play a TBT Regional. Would UB allow them to use Alumni or would ECC let them use the Flickinger Center downtown?

9 hours ago, promotherobot said:

I wonder where they would play a TBT Regional. Would UB allow them to use Alumni or would ECC let them use the Flickinger Center downtown?

For the sake of the players I would hope not in Alumni Arena.  It is brutally hot in there over the summer.  For the camps they have to keep the doors to the outside at the ends of the arena open for it be bearable.

• Like 1

With Mid-American Unity, Ohio 1804 and Brown and White all exiting after first round losses, the teams primarily composed of UB's mid-major peers are a combined 1-8 in the TBT tournament historically, with the one win coming from Mid-American Unity. Blue Collar U is now 6-1.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

I just realized Jayvon Graves is on Mid American Unity, that’s kind of a shame I would think he would wanna roll with us. 

5CF7B2FB-AB87-492C-93F4-1EE28AC8D2F3.jpeg

Maybe he wasn't invited or perhaps his role on BCU would not be what he wanted.

I hope they play at alumni next year. It would be great advertisement for the school and the Bulls basketball brand. Had no idea there was no AC in the place.
The key question is if Boehiem will allow his TBT team to actually play in Alumni or will he demand Syracuse to keep a regional. Needs to pump up his TBT win totals I’m sure.  

8 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

I hope they play at alumni next year. It would be great advertisement for the school and the Bulls basketball brand. Had no idea there was no AC in the place.
The key question is if Boehiem will allow his TBT team to actually play in Alumni or will he demand Syracuse to keep a regional. Needs to pump up his TBT win totals I’m sure.  

I would love to see it at Alumni, but like BB said, it is crazy hot in there in the summer with only a handful of people on the floor. I couldn't imagine how hot it would be with a couple of thousand people in there. I don't think they'd let the "Big Ass Fans" run like they normally do during the summer within the course of a game. Alumni would surely be popping though if they played there. I'd camp out for that one!

5 hours ago, skrabukes said:

I would love to see it at Alumni, but like BB said, it is crazy hot in there in the summer with only a handful of people on the floor. I couldn't imagine how hot it would be with a couple of thousand people in there. I don't think they'd let the "Big Ass Fans" run like they normally do during the summer within the course of a game. Alumni would surely be popping though if they played there. I'd camp out for that one!

I think it would be better for the city to have it downtown. Not at Key Bank but ECC? Even at Buff State there's the Elmwood Strip. There's nothing at Alumni.

2 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I think it would be better for the city to have it downtown. Not at Key Bank but ECC? Even at Buff State there's the Elmwood Strip. There's nothing at Alumni.

Harbor center would be a potential spot if downtown is desired, think it would seat a couple thousand 

But got to imagine its alumni

18 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Harbor center would be a potential spot if downtown is desired, think it would seat a couple thousand 

But got to imagine its alumni

Harbor Center would be great but can they get away melting the ice for a week? There's hockey nonstop.

Flickinger Center at ECC is already basketball configured and it's downtown. 

Edited by promotherobot

29 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Harbor Center would be great but can they get away melting the ice for a week? There's hockey nonstop.

Flickinger Center at ECC is already basketball configured and it's downtown. 

They melted it for a couple graduations and the nhl combine earlier this summer

But yeah ecc would be same location and already set to go