Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

“Blue collar U” TBT

Bill

10 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

The key question is if Boehiem will allow his TBT team to actually play in Alumni or will he demand Syracuse to keep a regional. Needs to pump up his TBT win totals I’m sure.  

They seem to have done better away from home.

40 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

It’s tough to even suggest hosting at KBC because attendance for it isn’t going to be that great. Bring your tank tops for alumni! 

I think if we could solve the heat issue, we could get Alumni rockin' for this event, especially the Blue Collar U team. Would be great for the men's and women's current players too. Seeing the Alumni still proud of where they played and what they accomplished. Maybe think twice about portalling out (if that can be used as a verb 🙂.

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I think if we could solve the heat issue, we could get Alumni rockin' for this event, especially the Blue Collar U team. Would be great for the men's and women's current players too. Seeing the Alumni still proud of where they played and what they accomplished. Maybe think twice about portalling out (if that can be used as a verb 🙂.

To this point did anyone hear what CJ said about the portal after the game?

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

I think it has to be at Alumni next year. We need the Bulls logo on the court. Find a way to bring in portable AC units or something. Forget ECC or Buffalo State. Make it Alumni so we can showcase the school too. 

You have to think about folks coming in from out of town. There is NOTHING on campus other than the game. No place to eat, drink, hang out. I was at the 2004 Frozen Four in Buffalo and it was a disaster because, at that time, there was nothing to do around the arena. 

If you insist on holding this at Alumni, better make sure the air conditioning is working, and you will need to build a "TBT Village" nearby with food trucks and beer tents. Otherwise it needs to be in the city. You can promote UB all you want during the telecast. It doesn't have to be at Alumni. It's simply not the best venue.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, promotherobot said:

You have to think about folks coming in from out of town. There is NOTHING on campus other than the game. No place to eat, drink, hang out.

I went to the Columbus regional last year and the Syracuse regional this year.  It was the same at both.  Syracuse didn't even sell alcohol in the arena and the concessions were what you'd expect at a community college. It is what it is, you're there to see the basketball games.  They're not building things up around it like it's the Olympics.  You'll be driving/Ubering around.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, promotherobot said:

You have to think about folks coming in from out of town. There is NOTHING on campus other than the game. No place to eat, drink, hang out. I was at the 2004 Frozen Four in Buffalo and it was a disaster because, at that time, there was nothing to do around the arena. 

If you insist on holding this at Alumni, better make sure the air conditioning is working, and you will need to build a "TBT Village" nearby with food trucks and beer tents. Otherwise it needs to be in the city. You can promote UB all you want during the telecast. It doesn't have to be at Alumni. It's simply not the best venue.

Getting a bunch or food trucks, beer tents outside would be a great cross marketing event for UB. Get to show off the school, host TBT with UB Alumni playing, then work with the city to have a "food and beer of Buffalo" fest happening outside. 

The marketing opportunities for both the school and the city write them selfs.

15 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

I went to the Columbus regional last year and the Syracuse regional this year.  It was the same at both.  Syracuse didn't even sell alcohol in the arena and the concessions were what you'd expect at a community college. It is what it is, you're there to see the basketball games.  They're not building things up around it like it's the Olympics.  You'll be driving/Ubering around.

And I was at Dayton last year. Their arena is nice. Their football stadium next door is worse than ours. I think we have more stuff going on near the area than Dayton did. We have an art gallery that's closed. A concert hall that is closed. A lake. Maybe the Japanese food place in the Commons will be open.

Dayton's area isn't really even on campus.

Their concession stands did take credit cards, which I do not believe is a requirement to be a member of the prestigious A-10 conference.

Edited by rma
missed important detail

Tonights game is making me a little nervous. Team heart fire runs a very tall squad. Their starters are:

Gary Mcghee 6’11” 250

Raphiael Putney 6’10” 185

Tevin Mack 6’6” 227

Deandre Liggins 6’6” 210

Eric Washington 6’0” 180

I wonder how tough it’s gonna be to get important rebounds today. I think this is going to be a close game the whole way through.

24 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Tonights game is making me a little nervous. Team heart fire runs a very tall squad. Their starters are:

Gary Mcghee 6’11” 250

Tevin Mack 6’6” 227

Deandre Liggins 6’6” 210

Eric Washington 6’0” 180

I wonder how tough it’s gonna be to get important rebounds today. I think this is going to be a close game the whole way through.

We need our inside guys to stay as inside guys today, no drifting unless they are doing it to open the lane for CJ or Wes to drive. Is going to take the full Blue Collar attitude to win this one.

40 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Gary Mcghee 6’11” 250

Tevin Mack 6’6” 227

Deandre Liggins 6’6” 210

Eric Washington 6’0” 180

The opponent includes former UB nemesis Homer Drew as the GM. I'll never forget those games against Valpo in the Mid-Con days. Hopefully this UB squad can finally get one over on Homer.

The Blue Collar squad just needs to play their game, move the ball until the open shot arrives, giving up the good shot for the better shot. Also, Defense to Offense is their game. Team ball will get it done!

They are bigger but their starting lineup doesn’t really represent how they play. McGhee plays the second least minutes on their team. Their top 5 in minutes go 6’0” 6’1” 6’7” 6’3” 6’10”. By comparison our top 5 in minutes go 6’3” 6’6” 6’0” 6’8” 6’3”. EC Matthews being out hurts our depth on the wing but I’m glad we’ll have Davonta as an additional hound on the ball. I’d like to see one of him/Dontay on the court at all times

Just impressive mental resolve by this group. The way they stepped up the d and executed the offense inside of 4 minutes. What’s most impressive to me is that these men have never stopped maturing and developing their games. I see improvement and growth both as a team and individuals. I love these guys.

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 5

Love this team. Even when some of our best players are having off nights like Wes today the rest of the team steps up. It was stressful after Perk blew that dunk and then we let them back in. But this team is mentally tough and scrappy. I feel good about the rest of the way. Just have to out work every team and most of these other teams can’t run with us.  
Also, I want them to play Carruthers, Jordan, Wes, CJ and Perk together. We would lock down every team regardless of height. Just a thought. Go Bulls/Blue Collar 

Edited by MKBullsfan
  • Like 1

Say whatever you want about the quality of TBT itself but there is nothing else in the world that would allow us to actually revisit the glory days of UB basketball by watching all these guys play together again in the same system working towards the same goal. I for one couldn’t be more thankful that the TBT exists for that reason. 

• Like 5