Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

“Blue collar U” TBT

Bill

18 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Say whatever you want about the quality of TBT itself but there is nothing else in the world that would allow us to actually revisit the glory days of UB basketball by watching all these guys play together again in the same system working towards the same goal. I for one couldn’t be more thankful that the TBT exists for that reason. 

To this point, I love how the university has embraced them. Maybe it’s because of the tragedy in Buffalo, but I feel like the school has been more behind them this year. 

35 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

To this point, I love how the university has embraced them. Maybe it’s because of the tragedy in Buffalo, but I feel like the school has been more behind them this year. 

The increased backing could be in part that they are a regional site next year

But mid major schools should really take advantage of this tournament, its a great way to bridge top players/teams from the past with your current team

Not to mention the tournament takes place during a really good time for schools to use as team building/current players being able too network with pro's

11 hours ago, Tee4three said:

The increased backing could be in part that they are a regional site next year

But mid major schools should really take advantage of this tournament, its a great way to bridge top players/teams from the past with your current team

Not to mention the tournament takes place during a really good time for schools to use as team building/current players being able too network with pro's

I agree about mid majors taking advantage of this. I felt like last year the attention was on Nate Oats a lot. Which was fine. But this season it’s been more UB. Which I feel could help in recruiting and obviously national recognition. 

• Like 1

I said this earlier and I’ll say it again, we need to find a way to get this tournament in Alumni and show off the UB Bulls brand. Fix the AC problem.  This team is doing almost free advertising for the school and basketball program. 

Also, there has to be some NBA scout watching this that can see Perk, Wes or CJ can hang in the NBA. Hope they get an offer. Go Bulls 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

I said this earlier and I’ll say it again, we need to find a way to get this tournament in Alumni and show off the UB Bulls brand. Fix the AC problem.  This team is doing almost free advertising for the school and basketball program. 

Also, there has to be some NBA scout watching this that can see Perk, Wes or CJ can hang in the NBA. Hope they get an offer. Go Bulls 

I thought the same thing about Perkins, he looks like he should be on someones roster

19 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I thought the same thing about Perkins, he looks like he should be on someones roster

He’s basically a Zach Randolph type player. Can hit the outside shot, bang down low but is a tweener. Has he ever been on a g league roster? I’m shocked if the answer is no.

33 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

He’s basically a Zach Randolph type player. Can hit the outside shot, bang down low but is a tweener. Has he ever been on a g league roster? I’m shocked if the answer is no.

I'd love to get an actual accurate height on Perk, it might help answer some of these questions. Is he 6'7 barefoot? I love him, love to see him in great shape and thriving in Europe. I'm just not sure there's true NBA quality there. Grant Williams is the closest current NBA comp and I'd say he has better feet and a better shot at least.

That being said, I watched the entire Arizona NCAA game over breakfast this morning. 😂🤘

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

I'd love to get an actual accurate height on Perk, it might help answer some of these questions. Is he 6'7 barefoot? I love him, love to see him in great shape and thriving in Europe. I'm just not sure there's true NBA quality there. Grant Williams is the closest current NBA comp and I'd say he has better feet and a better shot at least.

That being said, I watched the entire Arizona NCAA game over breakfast this morning. 😂🤘

Good player comp. I do agree Williams is more of a 3 and D type player.

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I don't believe he ever played in the g league

He is definitely a tweener but he is kind of the deep bench guy teams are starting to go after. A guy that would specialize in certain line up combos (small ball or even a big line up)

Other thing is I think he has gotten better from when he was in college

Settling in to watch BCU play for the eighth time in a couple hours. 

Regarding Alumni Arena and AC, I believe they have brought in AC in the past for big events. Not sure the tournament will get the attention you think it will - unless Boeheim is in our region next year. Those games were far and away the most well attended last weekend in Syracuse. It will still be a good time, but the draw may not be enough to bring in AC for it. 

I was talking to some Dayton alums last night, while waiting for CJ to hit the final shot (there was quite a gap between the first 8 points during the Elam ending and the final bucket) and they mentioned that AC was only recently added to the arena here in Dayton. This place blows Alumni away, though.  It's a true basketball arena. 

20220730_154412.jpg

5 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Unfortunately, when do we have to start rehashing the Kentucky and Texas Tech games? 😅

These guys are DAMN good players, period. What a pleasure to be able to see them doing it together again. 

Ill always believe if ub doesn't play texas tech they are a final four team

At least an elite 8 team minimum

Truly believe tech was one of the only teams that could play at the speed ub could 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MDBullsfan89 said:

Title game atmosphere! Tuesday won't quite match that, though I'd imagine most Daytonians in attendance still won't be on our side 😂 Bring it home fellas!!

It's tempting to fly in for the game. I have plenty of points to use. Unfortunately I have an obligation Tuesday that prevents me.

3 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I thought the officiating has been really good all tournament.

I agree that the officiating overall had been good and loose. But to me (and evidently the team based on Edric Dennis' halftime speech) there were a couple stretches of questionable officiating that killed our momentum and let Dayton and their crowd back in the game. 

Don’t want to think too far ahead but if they win this thing, they should put a banner up in Alumni. The place is called Alumni arena anyways. This is our Alumni team winning a big alumni tournament. Just a thought and don’t forget to retire Perk and CJs numbers too.

Edited by MKBullsfan
  • Like 1