Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

“Blue collar U” TBT

Bill

20 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

Just a thought and don’t forget to retire Perk and CJs numbers too.

Very hard to retire numbers in college basketball.  No uniform can have a numeral higher than 5 on it.

Remember 11 is already in the rafters for Rasaun Young (and eventually for Turner Battle, probably sometime this season with him back in town) but was worn by Jeenathan Williams last year and Kuluel Mading this season.

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

Very hard to retire numbers in college basketball.  No uniform can have a numeral higher than 5 on it.

Remember 11 is already in the rafters for Rasaun Young (and eventually for Turner Battle, probably sometime this season with him back in town) but was worn by Jeenathan Williams last year and Kuluel Mading this season.

What I meant was to put their names and jerseys on the wall. I can understand we really can’t retire any numbers but having a ceremony for them and putting up a TBT banner later on would be cool. 

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

I don't think it's at all hard to retire numbers based on that rule. I count 37 numbers available by rule - 00, 0-5, 10-15, 20-25, 30-35, 40-45 & 50-55.

We should absolutely be planning it soon for CJ and Nick. It's an important symbolic part of building the program's image and legacy. 

On 8/1/2022 at 6:36 PM, BrooklynBull said:

Didn’t stop St Bonaventure Bonas for retiring a bunch of numbers

4 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I feel bad for whoever wins this year.  1M meant much more when the tournament began.  Now, with the highest attendance and tv ratings ever, 1M is a bit of a joke.  

Not to mention inflation 😅

We should roll this team honestly. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Not to mention inflation 😅

We should roll this team honestly. 

No doubt, that’s huge. But, I also don’t like how espn is making more money from non major teams*.   … university teams that need all the resources they can get. 

*or former teams  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Great way to end it. This team and these men are so unselfish. Always have been. Well deserved championship. So happy for these guys. Thank you for representing UB and the Buffalo community.

Strange though, that they didn’t shed their shirts and photo the names on their backs after the final game.