Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

“Blue collar U” TBT

Bill

I hate that this is over for another year. Watching these 6 games was just such a joy, from the opening tip (where Perk won every single one this year) to the final dunk, I had such a big smile throughout. The fact that this squad comes away with $1mil and a championship is just incredible. Such a great group, great guys, class acts all the way, starting with Nate, to Adam/Bryan/Fox, to all of the players. Blue Collar gets it done. I hope that the new roster in Alumni sees the method that is successful, TEAM/ Defense / Hustle 1st and foremost, because this is 100% the way to go.

• Like 9

I had so much fun watching these games last year, I'm so glad they got to do it again and win it all.  This group just knows how to win.  We took that for granted a little, not everyone does.  I really hope they can keep doing this and keep pulling in more Bulls.  It's a great advertisement for the program too, how guys stick together and carry on.  It's great to see the support from all directions too, former and current players, from the program itself, everything.

• Like 5

And roll them we did.

Like everyone else, super proud of them and super thankful for the opportunity to relive the glory years.

I especially loved getting to feel that strange old sensation of dominating up double digits and still being stressed because of our frenetic pace and loveable gaffes (Nick's botched catch before the Elam 🤦).

Let's get that banner up in Alumni this winter 🤘🤘

• Like 4

I have one request of this fan board. Can we keep track closely where these players go next for their pro stops? I want to know where Wes and Bearden sign in Europe or North America. Be cool to track their seasons during the TBT offseason. 

And with inflation TBT has to up the prize to 1.5 mil at least next year. They are starting to sound like Dr. Evil…

"And with inflation TBT has to up the prize to 1.5 mil at least next year. They are starting to sound like Dr. Evil…"

During the quarter final game, I thought the announcer said that a few years back the winners share was $2mil.  Did anyone else hear that?

My buddy had a watch party on the back patio of his house  Perfect night to be outside enjoying the game here in NT.  

Just now, ChubbyHubby said:

During the quarter final game, I thought the announcer said that a few years back the winners share was $2mil.  Did anyone else hear that?… 

I didn’t hear that, exactly.  But, I did see that a former winning team (overseas elite?) made 7M from winning 4 years.  Since only the winners get paid, that’s obviously more than 1M per year. 

18 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

"And with inflation TBT has to up the prize to 1.5 mil at least next year. They are starting to sound like Dr. Evil…"

During the quarter final game, I thought the announcer said that a few years back the winners share was $2mil.  Did anyone else hear that?

My buddy had a watch party on the back patio of his house  Perfect night to be outside enjoying the game here in NT.  

According to tbt's wikipedia page it was 2 million in 17 18 and 19 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

They did end up doing it, there was just a lot of steps in between they were obligated to since this was the championship game 

12 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Thought I saw them do it, the cameras didn't track it though 

Thank you!   I figured they would, but my feed cut out before it actually happened.  

49 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

I have one request of this fan board. Can we keep track closely where these players go next for their pro stops? I want to know where Wes and Bearden sign in Europe or North America. Be cool to track their seasons during the TBT offseason. 

And with inflation TBT has to up the prize to 1.5 mil at least next year. They are starting to sound like Dr. Evil…

Start up that thread boi 

1 hour ago, bullsbball said:

Curious why Davonta Jordan only played in 2 games for a total of 12 minutes. 

Also surprise the prize money wasn't divided evenly among all the players.

At the first game in Syracuse, he stopped to speak to a man who was sitting near me. When he left, I asked if he had mentioned why he wasn't playing. I was told that he had a calf injury.

1 hour ago, yussi1870 said:

Isn’t it divided by playing time?

Winning share is determined prior to the tournament. I'm sure the ones that are getting more money are then played more often.

Would have been nice to see Harris play more. McRae and Ford, not so much. Probably could of had fewer players on the roster. I just feel bad for those that didn't play (much).

9 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

8 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Start up that thread boi 

I was thinking about this request this a.m.  Do people think there is enough post-UB interest to have a separate subcategory similar to how we have a recruiting subcategory.  Perhaps a 'Former Players' subcategory.  Note I envision it does not have to be limited to tracking pro careers - it could be used for an update on any player that there is an interesting story to tell.  What do people think - helpful or not?  Is that possible with this site and does it need an admin to create?

In meantime if anyone wants to search a particular players college / pro career, you can use this website:

https://basketball.realgm.com/

13 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

So, is Adam Bauman a legit coaching candidate, or could anyone look good coaching that BCU roster of talent? When they did camera shots of huddles Bauman didn't look like he had full control of the group.

He might be in the future, the company he holds seems to think very highly of him

I noticed that too in the huddles but really thats probably more normal than the casual fan thinks. He put a general idea down and the players adjusted based on the defense that was being played/who is and isn't switching etc.

Plus at the end of the day its just like an adult league where coaching is kind of secondary in my opinion since its not a full season and players don't regularly play together

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I was thinking about this request this a.m.  Do people think there is enough post-UB interest to have a separate subcategory similar to how we have a recruiting subcategory.  Perhaps a 'Former Players' subcategory.  Note I envision it does not have to be limited to tracking pro careers - it could be used for an update on any player that there is an interesting story to tell.  What do people think - helpful or not?  Is that possible with this site and does it need an admin to create?

In meantime if anyone wants to search a particular players college / pro career, you can use this website:

I'd love to know where the Alumni are now but there are alot and that could be a "fulltime" job tracking them down.

A few that come to mind are Yassin Ibhini and Mitchel Watt.

Yassin is my "brush with greatness" moment. Saw him playing "putt-putt" with his girlfriend/wife. Played at UB from 2003-2007. Played in Europe and then retired in 2017.

Mitchell Watt was playing at UB from 2008-2012. It appears he's still playing in Italy for Reye Venezia. 

I'm sure there are others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

My two cents, I think one active thread for all the alums on the main board serves us best and get the most eyes. Even the separate recruiting board feels forgotten about sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MuchMany said:

My two cents, I think one active thread for all the alums on the main board serves us best and get the most eyes. Even the separate recruiting board feels forgotten about sometimes. 

Thanks for your two cents - I will wait and see a few more people to offer their 2 cents - easy enough to start a thread.  I already have some realgm links already to go for some recent players.

51 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

I'd love to know where the Alumni are now but there are alot and that could be a "fulltime" job tracking them down.

A few that come to mind are Yassin Ibhini and Mitchel Watt.

Yassin is my "brush with greatness" moment. Saw him playing "putt-putt" with his girlfriend/wife. Played at UB from 2003-2007. Played in Europe and then retired in 2017.

Mitchell Watt was playing at UB from 2008-2012. It appears he's still playing in Italy for Reye Venezia. 

I'm sure there are others.

First, we start a thread and then people add info /stories they feel are interesting.  Realgm would be a great place to start to get some information on pro careers.  But if someone wants to share other stories - this could be included - I expect keeping tabs on former players will take the collective effort of us fans.

14 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Yeah it had gotten up to $2 mil but I think the cost of the COVID bubble year knocked down the prize to $1 mil and they still might be trying to dig themselves out of that. Hopefully the prize pool grows again in the future though.

3 hours ago, bullsbball said:

proballers.com is a good resource I use a lot during TBT time. They won’t have signing announcements as far as I know but it’s a good central location for information on overseas leagues

• Like 1