Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

NIT Bid

Kevin

1 minute ago, Tee4three said:

The field being a lot of mid majors is awesome

A lot of mid majors complain that they don’t get enough quad 1/2 chances...I don’t understand why mid majors don’t schedule each other in the non conference knowing that by season’s end that game could be a quad 1/2 game. The P5s don’t wanna play the likes of Belmont. So why not UB look to schedule teams like that, even if we gotta go on the road. Mind boggling to me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

A lot of mid majors complain that they don’t get enough quad 1/2 chances...I don’t understand why mid majors don’t schedule each other in the non conference knowing that by season’s end that game could be a quad 1/2 game. The P5s don’t wanna play the likes of Belmont. So why not UB look to schedule teams like that, even if we gotta go on the road. Mind boggling to me

I bet as programs learn the new net system you'll see schools do this, as the system is rewarding teams that play good teams. Look at syracuse who got in for playing and losing a lot of quad 1 games 

As long as money isn't an issue, closer (locations) mid majors should definitely be scheduled

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Something is fishy there. The chairperson in the interview didn’t go into too much detail. But hey I’ll take it. Belmont should absolutely be in. The other schools can eat it lol

They were all 90 or worse KenPom

The NIT I swear just goes down the KenPom list 

After the lows of the embarrassment last night makes today a little easier of a pill to swallow that they were atleast able to get into NIT. This team will have plenty of rest so legs should not be an excuse for this game. They have the talent to make a little run here, now the question is which Buffalo team will show up.

10 hours ago, ubmae86 said:

Being in LA, I would love to see a UB v SDSU, but the money is a problem for that game.

I did take a look at airfares from Boston to Dallas this week. Over $500 each way. I'm a little surprised since airlines have been dropping prices to get people flying again.  I suppose they're expecting a big NIT rush?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I did take a look at airfares from Boston to Dallas this week. Over $500 each way. I'm a little surprised since airlines have been dropping prices to get people flying again.  I suppose they're expecting a big NIT rush?

I looked also...insane prices from Buffalo to Dallas as well. I guess it'll just be watched on tv! 

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

I looked also...insane prices from Buffalo to Dallas as well. I guess it'll just be watched on tv! 

The prices from New York were high as well.  I only looked for the final four weekend.  Then I remembered that I have my second vaccine on the 29th.  Not going to risk that.

• Like 1