Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kidtrell Blocker

9 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Playing time with Segu in front of the PG depth chart. 

I had a feeling there would be a conflict there. Weather it be from one or the other. Two similar players physically and both ball dominate guards. I said in a previous post I couldn’t imagine both starting bc of their size. That’s probably why we weren’t chosen (he wouldn’t start here immediately). 

Edit: This is referring to Cone.

Edited by DooleyBull06

13 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I had a feeling there would be a conflict there. Weather it be from one or the other. Two similar players physically and both ball dominate guards. I said in a previous post I couldn’t imagine both starting bc of their size. That’s probably why we weren’t chosen (he wouldn’t start here immediately). 

Edit: This is referring to Cone.

Agree. While as a fan I don't care who starts and who doesn't,selfishly, I just looked at this would make us a deeper team at PG and improve our chances next year.  It is a tough balancing act.  Hopefully some developments soon.

10 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

hopefully the coaches jump on this quick 

This guy commits and then decommits within a few days, yet some people are figuring we won't get any players. Like I said before, let's just wait and see what happens,  because until they show up in August, who really knows what may happen. Sadly, this is the new normal in ncaa bball.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

This guy commits and then decommits within a few days, yet some people are figuring we won't get any players. Like I said before, let's just wait and see what happens,  because until they show up in August, who really knows what may happen. Sadly, this is the new normal in ncaa bball.

I wonder if he is thinking he wants to play closer to home? UB would be the perfect place. The other possibility is he wants to play at a power 5 school, can’t see him playing much at a bigger school 

16 minutes ago, clodney said:

This has "big school came calling" written all over it. You don't drop after 5 days unless something else fell into place.

Mmhmmm. You didn’t decommit to go to Northern Arizona. A P5 school called with minutes to offer, unless you thought you’d be home sick and SBU or UB jump into the mix. 

4 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Something happened and it wasn't just talking to the people in his corner 

If it was what a turn of events but then again it was easter this past weekend and would have been around friends and family 

Think he goes to a school close to home. Did Bonas sway him?

6 hours ago, clodney said:

I'd be surprised if he decommitted after 5 days to attend one of the schools he already crossed off his list. My money is on a new P5 that entered into the mix after seeing him put up 41pts a few days ago. 

This seems likely...I suspect we will find out soon as I expect he knows where he is going, just waiting for dust to settle after decommit.

7 hours ago, clodney said:

This has "big school came calling" written all over it. You don't drop after 5 days unless something else fell into place.

Unless maybe he was pressured into making a quick decision in the first place. GSU offer came in, announced he made a decision, committed within what, a week? 

3 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Here is a wild guess that just popped into my head - Iona / Rick Pitino? Ok...it may be way off...but who knows these days!

Not a wild guess. Pitino is doing big things at Iona. And he’s still Pitino. His name still has clout. Plus Iona, even before Pitino, is in the tournament every year. I’m not saying Blocker goes there but Pitino will recruit. Just yesterday he got a 4 star transfer from SMU who was an all league (AAC) caliber player. If I were a kid I’d wanna play for him. He’s tough, demanding but he knows basketball. And despite his age he isn’t out of touch. Keep in mind he just coached in Europe. The European style of play has greatly influenced the NBA game. That and analytics.

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Not a wild guess. Pitino is doing big things at Iona. And he’s still Pitino. His name still has clout. Plus Iona, even before Pitino, is in the tournament every year. I’m not saying Blocker goes there but Pitino will recruit. Just yesterday he got a 4 star transfer from SMU who was an all league (AAC) caliber player. If I were a kid I’d wanna play for him. He’s tough, demanding but he knows basketball. And despite his age he isn’t out of touch. Keep in mind he just coached in Europe. The European style of play has greatly influenced the NBA game. That and analytics.

Add pitino has a lot of pro basketball connections