Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kidtrell Blocker

29 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

It's 2021, we're the top team in a solid conference for a decade now, and we get news like it's 2001. We have less recruiting insight than any relevant peer program I can think of. But yeah roll out the dismissive hyperbole... 🙄

And re: the comment about strategy and publicizing offers. I don't think any kid these days is trying to keep his offers private. In fact most kids post their offers themselves, which then inevitably makes it's way to VerbalCommits. And that's why people think that we don't actually have many offers out there....

I didn't read DocCase as dismissive hyperbole but that's SkraBukes style for anyone who disagrees with him. I think he's argued 10+ people for disagreeing with the way things are handled right now. 

It's a bullying approach of my way only

• Thanks 1

Just now, MuchMany said:

This was the post I meant to quote as dismissive hyperbole. Sorry for the confusion and setting off a Sunday rumble. 😅

No rumble....but we may have take this to another thread.  😆.   For the record, I took Merrimac at trying to be funny, didn't think point was to be dismissive.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYS Bulls said:

I didn't read DocCase as dismissive hyperbole but that's SkraBukes style for anyone who disagrees with him. I think he's argued 10+ people for disagreeing with the way things are handled right now. 

It's a bullying approach of my way only

Yeah, I am quite bullyish. This coming from the people who non stop talk smack about certain players and the staff and somehow think that makes them knowledgeable, big fans, and will aid the program with their negativity. 

I am not angry at how things are being handled. I also am not stupid enough to think the staff isn’t doing anything. They obviously are doing stuff behind the scenes. However, as others have said...given social media, if we extended an offer to anyone, we all would know about it. The lack of offers/news is annoying. Especially when you see and read other MAC schools getting commits already. But at the same time the lack of anyone jumping into the portal at this point is refreshing. Obviously the staff will fill the spots. Obviously. We all just wanna see what direction the staff will go. So we can all criticize that lol.

21 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Saw a ton of replies here and thought we had a commit 😕  thanks guys!

How can we get a commit? Our coaches aren't offering anyone, remember? Oops, sorry for being a bully!

Out of 350 teams, how many have their roster set for next year? I'd wager none. Even if they "did", players could still change their mind or leave. Just be patient. It's March. The season just ended a week ago for UB. If it's June-July and we have no additions,  then we should worry.

How do we know this isn't a calculated maneuver? In the ever changing ncaa climate of transfers, maybe they are holding out to see who's out there. It's not like kids can visit campus anyhow due to covid "dark periods". What if we spent all our spots and a good fit came up? Then some of you would be saying that we should've left spots open. Just have a bit of patience. We all want signings, they're fun to speculate over but they'll get them soon enough.

Edited by skrabukes

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Hopefully it’s us but I’m not sure if it will be. Saw he got an offer from Georgia state just a few days ago so it could be them. They’re also the only school listed as “warm” on his 247 profile. Then again that could mean nothing too! https://247sports.com/Player/Kidtrell-Blocker-46114492/

I am biased but think we are the better choice. 

I noticed that Georgia St just got a commitment from a shooting guard and they have three freshman commits. Obviously, this information likely means very little, just thought I would share.

13 hours ago, Bill said:

Hopefully it’s us but I’m not sure if it will be. Saw he got an offer from Georgia state just a few days ago so it could be them. They’re also the only school listed as “warm” on his 247 profile. Then again that could mean nothing too! https://247sports.com/Player/Kidtrell-Blocker-46114492/

Yeah I wouldnt say that all signs point to him signing with us. Just tweeted about another offer, goes warm on 247, then announces he is committing. Sounds like a Ga St lock.

I guess we will see tomorrow.

I would rather get a 6’ 9” 240 lb slasher. A guy that rebounds, scores at the rim, shoots the mid range jumper, makes his foul shots, and can dish it when the opponent collapses. With time he develops a shot from 3 and starts to intimidate opposing players with wicked shot blocking skills. Then, he not only stays 4 years and never contemplates transferring or declaring for the draft, he gets his younger, more talented brothers and cousins to commit to UB. What would induce such a phenom? The wings? Nah...snow in April, man.