Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Championship-Ohio

UB85

14 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

There's not really a run of the mill MAC in MBB, it's the top half that invest and the bottom half that do not. We do, now that we dumped some sports, but...coach is who he is, he could recruit and keep guys, but we see now that the true coaches of our success on D and the working class, hard hat and blue shirts, went to 'Bama.

Ohio is the definition of run of the mill.

Just now, TML1000 said:

Ohio is the definition of run of the mill.

I'm taking nothing away from them.  They were the better team.  And I said it when Boals got hired there to watch out for them.  Problem for us is they arrived a year too soon.  They will be a problem for years to come unless Boals leaves

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Why should he?  He can only be exposed by transferring. Whereas he can grow his game and ball out in the MAC

It didn't work out for any of our guys that stayed...and it didn't work out for our guys that left. Preston isnt an NBA player no matter where he goes or doesn't go.

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I'm taking nothing away from them.  They were the better team.  And I said it when Boals got hired there to watch out for them.  Problem for us is they arrived a year too soon.  They will be a problem for years to come unless Boals leaves

They aren’t if you appreciate team basketball. Kudos to them. They win 3 in a row in blow out fashion. 

This is a reply to TML 

Edited by UB85

1 minute ago, UB05 said:

I know it was a disappointing season based on expectations but the guy finished with more points than Turner Battle, and played fantastic defense. You don’t just easily replace that 

Oh I agree.  Still love him, he left this team stronger than when he got here. 

Just such a disappointing senior year - he did OK but a guard who shoots less than 40%, less than 30% from 3, with 3+ turnovers every game is not winning any games for us.

Yes and if Boals truly is good, he will leave...and soon.

1 minute ago, MDBullsfan89 said:

CIT was canceled, but CBI is happening. Maybe Brewton gets to face off with his old teammates at Coastal.

Meanwhile, North Texas with former Bulls James Reese and Javion Hamlet are potentially 20 minutes away from the dance.

Two guards who can shoot. Something we were missing this season and last season. Shooters.  Guys who can space the floor

Two guards who can shoot. Something we were missing this season and last season. Shooters.  Guys who can space the floor

Yep and guys off the bench who can score also. We really had no significant contributions off the bench the entire year. You need to have 2 or 3 impact players off the bench to be a great team...

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Turns out it was 25 minutes away, but they got it done. Hamlet with the winning shot in OT and Reese with the free throws to seal it. Congrats to them! Definitely could have used them here the last few seasons.