Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2021-2022 Roster

7 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Are we in need of another SF? I know Hardnett can play there if need be

We do need a 2/3 with shooting ability for next year and beyond. Jeenathan should be on the floor every minute he's able to next year, literally 38-40 MPG in meaningful games.

16 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNxoa6iB4GP/?igshid=l0d20qhokafv 

Nickelberry announces the end of his UB career to pursue professional opportunities. 21-22 roster starting to take shape.

Complete and utter disappointment. Based on his ranking, he just never panned out, looked lost whenever on the floor majority of the time, and just looked unmotivated. A real let down. Best of luck to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Complete and utter disappointment. Based on his ranking, he just never panned out, looked lost whenever on the floor majority of the time, and just looked unmotivated. A real let down. Best of luck to him.

I'll take the open roster spot on this team. The team had a massive stretch of minus +/- with him on the floor

• Like 2

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

Ugh. Love him as a heart and soul guy but dang hopefully this doesn’t turn off Williamson and/or Mading. A lot of bigs not enough wings and guards. 

Brock was the least of our concerns last season. Played really well and gave it his all. There will be minutes to go around and I’m sure he’ll be a great mentor for the incoming players 

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Ugh. Love him as a heart and soul guy but dang hopefully this doesn’t turn off Williamson and/or Mading. A lot of bigs not enough wings and guards. 

I think this is fantastic for those young guys.  Brock knows what it takes to play at the highest level...heck he will now go down as our winningest player of all time.

Brock will understand what his role is next year and that might only be five minutes a game.  But he will make those young bigs, including Skogman still, much better.

15 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

Do you know anything about NBA Draft declarations? 

I would assume Mballa and Williams might declare without an agent.

Mballa is no where ready for the NBA. Williams is a prototypical nba player. Question is can he improve defensively and be more consistent with the outside shots. And his age will be a deterrent. Sorry to say

51 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Brock was the least of our concerns last season. Played really well and gave it his all. There will be minutes to go around and I’m sure he’ll be a great mentor for the incoming players 

My point is this generation of kids is entitled and soft and don’t want to earn roles. Seeing 5 bigs ahead of them and another incoming big could make someone like Mading reconsider. 

I would hope brocks return doesn't make the coaching staff feel obligated to play him meaningful minutes because he is older and more experienced.

Basically hope minutes are earned

With that said glad he is returning and taking full advantage of his scholarship and pursuit of an education

• Like 1

I feel the coaches already knew Brock was coming back. Kuluel was probably aware of this i bet. Doubt it’d make much of a difference if at all. I don’t blame Brock for playing again if he’s getting his masters or something. Might as well if you’re on campus and still love the game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BullBoy said:

I think this is fantastic for those young guys.  Brock knows what it takes to play at the highest level...heck he will now go down as our winningest player of all time.

Brock will understand what his role is next year and that might only be five minutes a game.  But he will make those young bigs, including Skogman still, much better.

Don't shortchange what he brings in practice. You know he works his butt off and will push and challenge these guys to get better. Almost another assistant coach in uniform. I like it! Plus I believe his scholarship doesn't count against our total count.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Mballa is no where ready for the NBA. Williams is a prototypical nba player. Question is can he improve defensively and be more consistent with the outside shots. And his age will be a deterrent. Sorry to say

Grave tried that, luckily for him he got good advise and came back. Hopefully he can have a nice overseas career.

So if Brock doesn't count, I see 10 scholarships already handed out for next year? Still three openings i believe.

1. Hardnett

2. Brewton

3 Segu

4. Williams

5. Fagan

6. Maceo Jack

7. Mballa

8. Skogman

9. Zaakir

10. Kuluel

Walk-on: Saleh

Does Bivens return too?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

So if Brock doesn't count, I see 10 scholarships already handed out for next year? Still three openings i believe.

1. Hardnett

2. Brewton

3 Segu

4. Williams

5. Fagan

6. Maceo Jack

7. Mballa

8. Skogman

9. Zaakir

10. Kuluel

Walk-on: Saleh

Does Bivens return too?

I wonder if they leave a couple open in case segu/Williams/mballa return the following year (m. Jack and brewton as well)

Edited by Tee4three

2 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

1. Hardnett

2. Brewton

3 Segu

4. Williams

5. Fagan

6. Maceo Jack

7. Mballa

8. Skogman

9. Zaakir

10. Kuluel

Walk-on: SalehDoes Bivens return too?

Love this. Taking it a step forward.

Starting lineup:

PG: Segu

SG: ?

Wing: Williams

SF: Hardnett

PF: Mballa

Open competition for the 2 guard spot. Brewton or Jack. With whoever losing out becoming an instant option off the bench. Then you have the plethora of bigs that will earn their roles. Our obvious and glaring need is PG. Another wing or SG would be great. If there’s roster room.