Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2021-2022 Roster

59 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Word is they still may add 1-2 more. They lose Graves, Nickelberry and Gallion plus Chanse so that should leave a spot open unless Jack wasn’t on scholarship last year despite practicing with the team. 

Is Jack on scholarship? I don't know the deal with his mom being an employee if he gets a free ride either way. If I recall correctly its what Michigan was doing with juwan howards son in walking on because he gets a free education just for being an employees son

2 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Is Jack on scholarship? I don't know the deal with his mom being an employee if he gets a free ride either way. If I recall correctly its what Michigan was doing with juwan howards son in walking on because he gets a free education just for being an employees son

Family of employees do not get free rides. I believe they may get a small discount.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tee4three said:

And buddy Boeheim 

The goal for the coaching staff was to address the needs of the roster in recruiting and to get this team prepared to win a MAC title next season. So far goal 1 has been addressed. Expectations are high headed into next season. If the ascension/improvement under Whitesell is any indication, at this point there’s no reason to believe Whitesell can’t lead this team a MAC title. We will see how big a loss losing Graves is. But at this point it’s fair to say we could have a better overall roster next season. 

I’ve never called for him to be fired, I’ve been critical of him but this year collectively the players and coaches seemed to figure some stuff out. And we got to the title game. Next year with an improved roster and returning what we are returning...could equal big things. Not Oats final season big, but MAC title big. 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Erie County said:

So if/when its not?

Ohio is much better too and din't lose a Graves like piece

I wouldn’t say Ohio is much better than us. We blew them out, they blew us out and they beat us by 1. I think the two teams are neck and neck and the two clear favorites in the conference. With Ohio being the overall fav to run it back. Which is a position I like bc it should further fuel our team. 

1 hour ago, Erie County said:

So if/when its not?

Ub the year they were ranked all year lost wes Clark who was the best player on the team the year before

Ub and Ohio are going to have really good basketball teams next year

5 hours ago, Erie County said:

So if/when its not?

We will likely lose a little in terms of PPG from our starters, maybe 2-4 points, as I expect collectively Williams, Mballa, Segu and Hardnett will score a bit more this year than last and this will offset differential between Graves / Jack scoring.    However, we should have a much deeper bench than last year especially if we are able to add Blocker and Thiam. This table highlights how the Bulls are potentially a much deeper team. 

image.png.9cc6a10c0115e7b4af9d08f332c226e1.png

No jail time. I hate this story all around. A part of me wishes he enters the portal so that both sides can move on. Another part of me doesn’t want him back. Especially with the players we have coming back and coming in. Another part of me doesn’t want to be that school that turns their back on a kid bc of something like this. Just an awful story.

2 hours ago, Dabulls said:

Mballa has declared for the draft, will still be able to return I believe. Will be good for him to get some advice, like Graves

Hope he comes back. Hope one day he gets drafted. A player being drafted is a major program boost. That being said I think he needs more development and I don’t think he gets drafted. Maybe second round but that means no guaranteed contract and G league life.

3 hours ago, Dabulls said:

Mballa has declared for the draft, will still be able to return I believe. Will be good for him to get some advice, like Graves

Yadda yadda yadda He’s just getting his name out there yadda yadda yadda. He ain’t getting drafted. Focus on the upcoming season and let’s get back to the tournament. Why do players really bother doing it.

1 minute ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Yadda yadda yadda He’s just getting his name out there yadda yadda yadda. He ain’t getting drafted. Focus on the upcoming season and let’s get back to the tournament. Why do players really bother doing it.

Networking and practice are important. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

They do it to get feedback on their game. Allows them to focus on things they need to improve on at the next level 

1 minute ago, UB05 said:

They do it to get feedback on their game. Allows them to focus on things they need to improve on at the next level 

This is all true. They also do it for ego and clout. It just comes off a bit cringey when it comes with send offs and all.

The only worry with Josh is that he goes and plays professionally in Europe next season instead of here.

1 minute ago, UB05 said:

I see 3 sides to this coin. 
Like Mike said, I think it’s a little funny, because it’s so unrealistic. 
As I already said, it’s good practice for their next (serious) year. 
But now, feeding off your comment, I’d rather they do what Coach asks of them next season, and not what the scouts tell them now.