Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2021-2022 Roster

1 minute ago, Tee4three said:

To get to 10/11 territory ub will need to run through the mac. Not out of the question but will be difficult 

I agree with you, but think it is possible. We just need to limit our valleys during the game. It feels like we have 4 legitimate players that can be leading scorers on any given night (Williams, Segu, Jack and Mballa). As long as they don't all go cold and we get reasonable production from 5-8, we should be in every game with a chance to win at the end. I'm an optimist I know and every team has a bad night, but I really think we can be special this year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

For all the knocks on our home schedule, having fellow potential 13-seed UC Irvine coming to our house next week is a fantastic and huge game. Hope we get a strong crowd.

The Irvine game was the crown jewel of the non conference schedule. Could be two top 100 teams battling. Let’s TCB against Canisius and get ready. As others have said…hope it’s well attended. I have been vocal about home games against non D1 teams but this is the rare opportunity we have to pack Alumni for a really good get.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

For all the knocks on our home schedule, having fellow potential 13-seed UC Irvine coming to our house next week is a fantastic and huge game. Hope we get a strong crowd.

8 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

The Irvine game was the crown jewel of the non conference schedule. Could be two top 100 teams battling... As others have said…hope it’s well attended. I have been vocal about home games against non D1 teams but this is the rare opportunity we have to pack Alumni for a really good get.

I'm not sure that this game is an obvious draw to casual NCAAM fans (and those outside of this board).

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

I'm not sure that this game is an obvious draw to casual NCAAM fans (and those outside of this board).

Then shame on them. Knowing the finances and that top teams aren’t gonna come to alumni, these are the caliber games we should stride to bring to alumni once/twice every non conference slate.

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Then shame on them. Knowing the finances and that top teams aren’t gonna come to alumni, these are the caliber games we should stride to bring to alumni once/twice every non conference slate.

I don't disagree I just think the casual fan in Buffalo has proven more interested with "flashy names" than digging into the current season W/L.

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I agree with you, but think it is possible. We just need to limit our valleys during the game. It feels like we have 4 legitimate players that can be leading scorers on any given night (Williams, Segu, Jack and Mballa). As long as they don't all go cold and we get reasonable production from 5-8, we should be in every game with a chance to win at the end. I'm an optimist I know and every team has a bad night, but I really think we can be special this year.

I with you, I think ub will run through the mac fairly uncontested as long as they continue to play with intensity and team work(I only see Ohio as a true challenger)

I do believe by mid February we will be talking about what if with the bonnies/sfa and even michigan games

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

Per Kenpom, Skogman ranks #1 in the nation in 2pt fg% out of 2,226 eligible players at 83.3%

He is also shooting 44% from 3.  Very impressive

He definitely has taken a step forward. It was good to see him followup the great game to the last game. Hopefully his confidence stays high. His teammates are looking for him now and beginning to see the benefits of the double teams he is starting to attract, plus he can pass from the post which is a great skill.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Unless the NCAA changes the rules, players cannot redshirt a season that they've played in without a waiver. Mading has played in 7 games this year.

Wow I did not realize he played in that many. Only felt like 1 or 2. I know sometimes they will grant medical redshirts if that happens.

Just now, SGBull said:

Wow I did not realize he played in that many. Only felt like 1 or 2. I know sometimes they will grant medical redshirts if that happens.

Right, which led me to wonder if anyone had heard anything injury-related about the reason for his absence (other than the officially reported "undisclosed" reasons).

• Like 1