38 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Love this. Taking it a step forward.

Starting lineup:

PG: Segu

SG: ?

Wing: Williams

SF: Hardnett

PF: Mballa

Open competition for the 2 guard spot. Brewton or Jack. With whoever losing out becoming an instant option off the bench. Then you have the plethora of bigs that will earn their roles. Our obvious and glaring need is PG. Another wing or SG would be great. If there’s roster room.

Need a reliable PG who can fit right in and get 15+ minutes off the bench. I think they should go to transfer portal for this one. This will be a veteran team next year and want someone w experience who can play big minutes if needed. 

6 minutes ago, Ubbulls84 said:

Need a reliable PG who can fit right in and get 15+ minutes off the bench. I think they should go to transfer portal for this one. This will be a veteran team next year and want someone w experience who can play big minutes if needed. 

How about Howard Washington. He transferred from Syracuse to South Alabama last year but sat out. He has 2 years of eligibility left. Can play and can transfer again. 

I know whitesell’s MO is coaching bigs, and that’s been reflected in our recruiting abilities.... but with our guard depth you’d think it would be pretty easy to get a talented guard in here. Still plenty of time but I’ll feel much better when it happens 

8 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

God end the suffering.

Slow news day!   All kidding aside, as I understand, Brock does not count against available scholarships, so this makes sense, even if he plays sparingly.  You would have another player to help develop the younger players or some depth if they aren't quite ready.

17 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Actual Student Athlete, amazing isn’t it? I believe Fagen is also finalizing his masters. If nothing else they should be role models for the young guys to work hard on the court and the classroom.

Exactly. Most of these guys don’t have the opportunity to go pro. Getting a masters degree via scholarship is a massive opportunity and it’s great seeing some of them take advantage of it 

• Like 2

So here is what I am thinking right now with the addition of Jones

PG - Segu, Jones

SG - Jack, Brewton

SF - Williams, Fagan

PF - Mballa, Williamson, Mudang

C- Hardnett, Bertram, Skogman

I know most of these positions are pretty interchangeable. Still need one more guard at least that could probably play both the 1 & 2 spot.

On 4/25/2021 at 9:31 PM, promotherobot said:

Bertram will be back for year 6.

He’s a very good team player. You can never have enough of those. And who knows maybe his sixth year will be the charm. I don’t remember the kids name, but I think it was Akron that had a big stiff in their roster for several years who was awkward and contributed little but his last year he became a real quality big man and a big contributor to their success. 

11 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

So here is what I am thinking right now with the addition of Jones

PG - Segu, Jones

SG - Jack, Brewton

SF - Williams, Fagan

PF - Mballa, Williamson, Mudang

C- Hardnett, Bertram, Skogman

I know most of these positions are pretty interchangeable. Still need one more guard at least that could probably play both the 1 & 2 spot.

Just throwing this out there for fun. We could try the inverse of Golden State's extra small "death lineup".

The "life lineup", avg. height 6'7"

Point forward - Mballa

SG - Jack

SF - Jeenathan

PF - Hardnett

C - Skogman

😄

Edited by MuchMany
edit
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Just throwing this out there for fun. We could try the inverse of Golden State's extra small "death lineup".

The "life lineup", avg. height 6'7"

Point forward - Mballa

SG - Jack

SF - Jeenathan

PF - Hardnett

C - Skogman

😄

Haha point forward Mballa.  I get a panic attack every time I see him bring the ball up the floor.  We should have a tall rotation this year, besides Segu.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UB85 said:

He’s a very good team player. You can never have enough of those. And who knows maybe his sixth year will be the charm. I don’t remember the kids name, but I think it was Akron that had a big stiff in their roster for several years who was awkward and contributed little but his last year he became a real quality big man and a big contributor to their success. 

If the first 5 were duds, year 6 isn’t going to be much better lol. 

Just now, mikescherrer8 said:

If the first 5 were duds, year 6 isn’t going to be much better lol. 

Can't really argue with that, but he did have more effective stretches last season than the previous four combined. He's a fine changeup off the bench for 5 minutes a game.

I'm expecting Skogman to seize big minutes by the end of the season. His shooting stroke looked very good last year and he adds rim protection too.

58 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

Haha point forward Mballa.  I get a panic attack every time I see him bring the ball up the floor.  We should have a tall rotation this year, besides Segu.

Mballa is one of our best players but I think we should be aiming to minimize driving spin moves lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

I believe they’re all set, they had three left if I’m not mistaken 

Word is they still may add 1-2 more. They lose Graves, Nickelberry and Gallion plus Chanse so that should leave a spot open unless Jack wasn’t on scholarship last year despite practicing with the team. 

• Thanks 2