Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Women's hoops offseason

6 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

A huge honor to be invited to the first Women's Battle 4 Atlantis

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a/wb4a - Official site. Damn our logo look nice with those other teams.

Agreed, they are already talking about it on ESPN and had it in their top stories lineup. Can’t be a bad thing to be put in a group with South Carolina and UConn. All teams in that tournament are “name brand”. A big honor.

A fully healthy Summer combined with all of the returning talent could make UB the MAC favorite. Of course this depends on if any of the other top seniors in the conference like Hooks and/or Kelly choose to return, but either way the women should have a shot at a great season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’d imagine that having Fair and a healthy Summer are big reasons for this. We were on the younger side last season, lost some tough games…hopefully the ladies have grown. Fair brings the scoring and Summer brings that veteran presence down low. 

I believe that should be a Summer Fair.

• Haha 2

Looking very sharp so far against a very strong D2 Daemen...Summer looks healthy and has definitely improved her jumper. Transfer Camp looks very good...will have a big impact. Christie also looks back to 100%.  Should be a solid 9-10 player rotation and a tremendous rebounding team.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TML1000 said:

Looking very sharp so far against a very strong D2 Daemen...Summer looks healthy and has definitely improved her jumper. Transfer Camp looks very good...will have a big impact. Christie also looks back to 100%.  Should be a solid 9-10 player rotation and a tremendous rebounding team.

Looks like they have a nice nucleus of players. Young, Woolley, Jordan along with Camp look like they have potential. With a better core of players I hope Fair does not try to play one on five basketball like she did last year. She is a tremendous talent but to be successful as a team other players have to be involved in the game plan.

I know this is old news Keowa Walters transferred to VCU:

WOMEN'S BASKETBALL WELCOMES KEOWA WALTERS - Virginia Commonwealth University (vcuathletics.com)

Also, Marissa Hamilton transferred a couple years ago to NAIA and then immediate quit the program:

Hamilton to transfer from UB to NAIA Southeastern | Olean | oleantimesherald.com

Mid-level players seem to transfer and expect the world and then reality hits.

While I'm at it, what happened to Elea Gaba? I didn't see her last night. Not that I see her as being a big impact player (unless she's in better shape).

As was said earlier, I also hope Fair is a better team player. Didn't watch her much last year but the year before, she felt "she" needed to be the one doing all the "plays". She also never seems happy with a scowl on her face.