Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

No One - PG Nowheresville

NYS Bulls

Teams that have been knocked out of the tournament are already securing players.

UB is interested in:

No One - PG University of Nowheresville 

Where is the Chipola recruiter? Or did he already use his bag to get Brewton and Zachary?

They have one player Fresh to Soph. Only one offer out (to a 585 guy going to Kansas State). This is trouble. Juco didn't play this year, so I hope that isn't the default. They aren't secretly doing anything btw. They are on sanctions. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 11.55.49 AM.png

Edited by NYS Bulls

4 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Can someone actually explain how the sanctions work, without the stupid stuff? Are there specific weeks that they aren’t allowed to recruit? I forget the timeframe on all that 

Basically the NCAA has been a dead period for a year.  No on campus visits and limited visits on the road.  Phones and social media, is the bulk of recruiting.

• Like 1

Just now, BrooklynBull said:

Basically the NCAA has been a dead period for a year.  No on campus visits and limited visits on the road.  Phones and social media, is the bulk of recruiting.

So this isn’t just due to a sanction period for the violation? The OP made it sound like we can’t recruit because of the violation 

4 minutes ago, UB05 said:

So this isn’t just due to a sanction period for the violation? The OP made it sound like we can’t recruit because of the violation 

They can't because the coaches are bad and not trying to get kids in. Didn't you know that? Not due to the above. I believe whatever the sanctions were are expiring soon or recently have expired. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UB05 said:

These are the sanctions:

1. One year of probation.
  2. The institution shall pay a fine of $5,000 to the NCAA.
  3. Two-week ban on all recruiting communications for men's basketball during the 2020-21 academic year.
  4. A reduction of five men's basketball recruiting days during the 2020-21 academic year.

I do not know what COVID restrictions did to the implementation of the sanctions.  They should all be over in 27 days.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, UB05 said:

They have to report all recruiting action to the NCAA. That was my point. I stated that they can't be doing anything "behind the scenes" or not known. 

Nothing with COVID prevented them from still virtual recruiting for the program (outside of whatever weeks they took as their punishment). 

46 minutes ago, NYS Bulls said:

They have to report all recruiting action to the NCAA. That was my point. I stated that they can't be doing anything "behind the scenes" or not known. 

Nothing with COVID prevented them from still virtual recruiting for the program (outside of whatever weeks they took as their punishment). 

First off: I'm not doubting you.

Can anybody confirm, with confidence, whether or not the staff is currently allowed to recruit (virtual or not)?

14 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Can anybody confirm, with confidence, whether or not the staff is currently allowed to recruit (virtual or not)?

I cannot confirm or deny with absolute certainty, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would ever be fully not allowed to do so. That would essentially kill off any program.  A week or month would hamper, full inability would end that program. I believe our violation, which was self reported early and relatively minor, had a brief recruiting stoppage during this year. The dates of that stoppage (whether it already has taken place or is upcoming) is unknown to me.

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

My guess is the two week dead period was served a long time ago.  In years past this sanction would be quite hard since the coaches couldn't travel or connect with anyone for two weeks, while other staffs were able to.  This year the two week dead period really was just a slap on the wrist since nobody was able to travel.

I understand frustrations of the fans, but come one do you really think that between our head coach and three assistants that nobody is recruiting right now?  The transfer list is at over 700 names. We are still trying to figure out what we might have coming back/leaving from our current guys.

Just relax a bit, I am sure our staff is talking to coaches and players right now on the phone or on zoom.  Just because every communication doesn't make it's way onto social media until their is an offer out, doesn't mean our staff isn't doing their job.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

My guess is the two week dead period was served a long time ago.  In years past this sanction would be quite hard since the coaches couldn't travel or connect with anyone for two weeks, while other staffs were able to.  This year the two week dead period really was just a slap on the wrist since nobody was able to travel.

I understand frustrations of the fans, but come one do you really think that between our head coach and three assistants that nobody is recruiting right now?  The transfer list is at over 700 names. We are still trying to figure out what we might have coming back/leaving from our current guys.

Just relax a bit, I am sure our staff is talking to coaches and players right now on the phone or on zoom.  Just because every communication doesn't make it's way onto social media until their is an offer out, doesn't mean our staff isn't doing their job.

This is the approach I choose to take. We’re recruiting at a higher level than we have in the history of the program. People need to relax and wait for the dust to settle 

I feel like with Oats, we heard about every time we talked to a kid, now don't hear much and people get antsy. I get it, I want to know too, but I don't need to hear about 50 offers for people we don't get and hear moaning about not being able to lock up the big recruit. Lance is pretty mum when it comes to offers too and I've been impressed with what he has been able to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I feel like with Oats, we heard about every time we talked to a kid, now don't hear much and people get antsy. I get it, I want to know too, but I don't need to hear about 50 offers for people we don't get and hear moaning about not being able to lock up the big recruit. Lance is pretty mum when it comes to offers too and I've been impressed with what he has been able to do.

Some coaches are like that, our football coaches for example. I constantly see offers flying out to HS and transfer recruits. With basketball the only time I see an offer is if the kid we are recruiting posts that he is “blessed to receive a offer from__”

4 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Which is part of what made him and Hodgson such effective recruiters. Athletes love the spotlight, they love fanfare and such a large part of recruiting nowadays is based on clout and feeling wanted. The new leadership is different in their approach and it’s definitely an adjustment to get used to it compared to previous years 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Which is part of what made him and Hodgson such effective recruiters. Athletes love the spotlight, they love fanfare and such a large part of recruiting nowadays is based on clout and feeling wanted. The new leadership is different in their approach and it’s definitely an adjustment to get used to it compared to previous years 

You also have to remember Oats and Hodgson were allowed to go on the road so people saw them in the airports and in gyms. 

Nobody is traveling right now. It’s a completely different year 

2 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Linton Brown (current stats) (2019-20 Stats) is a 6'4" SG sophomore playing for Indian River State (ranked #19) - same division as Chipola, averages 17.9 PPG and shot 52.5% from three on 101 attempts.  Seems like worth consideration if No One doesn't pan out?

I'l take Linton Brown instead of No One, we can only hope Chipola assistant coach knows him

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

This is huge!  Let's get on the phone to Mr. Nobody now! LOL  We will see if anyone appreciates my humor and if there are any Fast and Furious fans! 

image.png.89cfa23bd52ce84303134c6ef52c8c1e.png

Looks like Snake Pliskin to me. He'd be great. Hits full court shots under intense pressure!

6 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Looks like Snake Pliskin to me. He'd be great. Hits full court shots under intense pressure!

You are correct, but I was trying to get a 'Mr. Nobody' (Fast & Furious played by Kurt Russell) and this was the only pic I could find of Kurt Russell playing basketball.  So I was hoping people made the connection!

9 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

You are correct, but I was trying to get a 'Mr. Nobody' (Fast & Furious played by Kurt Russell) and this was the only pic I could find of Kurt Russell playing basketball.  So I was hoping people made the connection!

Never seen that one, only seen the Snake film

23 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

This is huge!  Let's get on the phone to Mr. Nobody now! LOL  We will see if anyone appreciates my humor and if there are any Fast and Furious fans! 

image.png.89cfa23bd52ce84303134c6ef52c8c1e.png

This is the best thing I've seen today. Thank you for that.

• Thanks 1