Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kuluel Mading

trueblue32

Just now, MuchMany said:

We're a real program after all! Mid-week recruiting drama to follow while working.

Still looking forward to Mr. Mading heading to Alumni. And everyone saying he's a 5 should look at his IG handle (kuludurant) 😁

Hopefully for longer than 5 days

28 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

This is exciting. He ranks the same as Rondo did as a HS senior, ~220th nationally. He's one of the highest ranked guys we've ever brought in. Big for Whiteselll to establish himself on the high-mid-major recruiting trail.

Sounds like he's a lot better than Nobody from Nowheresville. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skrabukes said:

Wasn't directed at you in general, just was replying with regard to the "high ranking".

Gotcha.

My beef has always been with the radio silence from the program. But if Jim and Co. can seemingly randomly pull recruits the quality of Kuluel, I'll live with the lack of a recruiting beat.

Side note...have we ever had more pure talent at the 3-5 than Mballa, Jeenathan, Hardnett, Skogman, Zaakir, and Kuluel? (Possibly Fagan as well)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

Nobody is a guard...

Great news on this one!!! We have a lot of impressive size on the roster

I am hoping that Curtis Jones commits to UB, then we will forget about Nobody, but for now just welcoming Kuluel.

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Gotcha.

My beef has always been with the radio silence from the program. But if Jim and Co. can seemingly randomly pull recruits the quality of Kuluel, I'll live with the lack of a recruiting beat.

Side note...have we ever had more pure talent at the 3-5 than Mballa, Jeenathan, Hardnett, Skogman, Zaakir, and Kuluel? (Possibly Fagan as well)

In a word No. In multiple words, Heck No. Our best bigs would be Javon, Watt, Idbihi. For the most part, they didn't have tons of grouo help. Javon had Regan for a bit, Watt had Titus, Idbihi had Bortz, but those pairs don't equate to the list that you outlined all being in the same rotation. Additionally,  I'm not sure that I'd take any of those pairs over Mballa/Williams for 3 years, even though I really like the first pair (and last). But as a whole unit, it's not close in my opinion.

Edit, forgot about Perk (not sure how). Pair him with Harris, Montrell. This group is deeper though. Those teams were pretty guard heavy.

Edited by skrabukes

50 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

To which we now need guards and shooters. Shooters space the floor for the bigs to do work inside without fear of a swarming double team. It was mentioned “positionless basketball”...end of the day you still need ball handlers and shooters. Mballa putting up 3s isn’t high percentage. Nor is it wise to have him dribbling like crazy...bc he turns the ball over or gets a charge called. However with shooters...Mballa can have room down low to take power dribbles and such. Everything working in concert...now get me some guards 

Edited by DooleyBull06

1 hour ago, 961819 said:

This is great. Still need guards though, can’t have a full roster of nothing but forwards. Hope we hear something soon about Jones or another talented guard.

This was really solid pickup, so obviously these guys are recruiting effectively. I'm confident we will see a very good guard come our way. Jones would be great, but I think we will be happy with the pickup.

• Like 1