Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kuluel Mading

trueblue32

8 hours ago, Erie County said:

Cincy with the swoop in? Looking likely

I don’t believe anyone swooped in, I looked at Cincinnati’s forum and they don’t mention him at all. Also I looked at Wichita’s forum, it appears that they were once on Kuluel but have backed off and are no longer in contact 

2 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

I don’t believe anyone swooped in, I looked at Cincinnati’s forum and they don’t mention him at all. Also I looked at Wichita’s forum, it appears that they were once on Kuluel but have backed off and are no longer in contact 

This is just an idea but a recruiting website said Kuluel can also play SF, though he appears to be a prototypical center/PF. Hardnett showed flashes of being a great three point shooter and with nickleberry and Fagan possibly deciding to graduate, could hardnett make a move to SF at all? Having three tall PF types on the court would be a heck of a mismatch and be able to overpower teams with smaller forwards. Just my opinion but it looks like Whitesell and the staff like to go Forward heavy, I could see that as a possibility 

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

The logic is, UNCG offered him, now the coach is at Cincy, and now he’s making it seem that Cincy may have swooped in when there’s no proof of it. 

But seeing as he is now delaying his commitment a couple days, you just never know. 

4 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

The logic is, UNCG offered him, now the coach is at Cincy, and now he’s making it seem that Cincy may have swooped in when there’s no proof of it. 

But seeing as he is now delaying his commitment a couple days, you just never know. 

I believe it was due to an error with the place he was going to do his signing, moving the date to Friday. Hopefully it isn’t a clever cover for another offer but there’s no proof of interest by Cincy, tomorrow we will find out

Just now, Dabulls said:

I believe it was due to an error with the place he was going to do his signing, moving the date to Friday. Hopefully it isn’t a clever cover for another offer but there’s no proof of interest by Cincy, tomorrow we will find out

Also UNCG offered him before he committed to Howard, the coach may have backed off since

19 minutes ago, Erie County said:

This was my thought on what happened. He was supposed to announce with his friend/teammate who went D2. His friend did announce yesterday still. 

Cincy came in with a P5 offer last minute maybe? We all know how they change their minds daily. Look at Blocker. 

I can see it, he seems to be in good terms with that coach. He’s also liked a few of Cincys posts about his hire. You’re right we may have lost him. I hope not though 🤞 

Edited by Dabulls

Just now, Erie County said:

I just do top notch social investigation. 

I don't know why they have to be potentially dishonest if that's the case on what happened. 

His teammate didn't have a mishap announcing yesterday. 

I think it’s more or less one of those things where a player picks up a hat from a table. His friend may have decided to commit through social media and Kuluel wanted to wait to do it in front of friends and family. If it was another offer I’d believe he’d wait longer than just two days. Just like Zachery did when the UCF offer came in

6 minutes ago, Erie County said:

He liked no other coaching announcement but the one of the guy who recruited him and then went P5. 

I think he changed his mind. Which he's obviously allowed to do that. The change in coach and change in announcement is too many random occurrences to me.

It does seem a little coincidental, but it could also just be him congratulating a coach that he’s happy for. We don’t even know if he got an offer from them. Also not sure why he’d say it was a venue issue if it were a commitment change, why not just say it’s been postponed until Friday. Not saying you’re wrong, but I don’t just want to assume he changed his mind on us. Coincidence can be deceiving. 

10 minutes ago, Erie County said:

He liked no other coaching announcement but the one of the guy who recruited him and then went P5. 

I think he changed his mind. Which he's obviously allowed to do that. The change in coach and change in announcement is too many random occurrences to me.

I mean he has probably had a relationship with that coach for a while and would undoubtedly be happy for the guy

Liking or retweeting things don't need to mean things other than him being happy for a friend or coach he knows

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Also not sure why he’d say it was a venue issue if it were a commitment change, why not just say it’s been postponed until Friday.

As with others I'm hoping this is all needless speculation and he shows up in blue on Friday. That being said, perhaps he took the high rode with respect to us and didn't want to say "I got a better offer that I need time to confirm so I'm delaying things".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I mean he has probably had a relationship with that coach for a while and would undoubtedly be happy for the guy

Liking or retweeting things don't need to mean things other than him being happy for a friend or coach he knows

It’s more or less a fear of, new coach on a new team, looking for players to fill spots. We all could be a little paranoid on the subject, we’re all hoping for some good news on the recruiting front

To draw a comparison if reggie Witherspoon(insert local buffalo guy, Carlin Hartman/Desmond Oliver/rob lanier) got a new head coaching job and local players  liked or retweeted the news. It doesn't mean they are following them, could it yeah but it shouldn't be a red flag or anything 

6 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Not the same. 

If Reggie was recruiting a strong player from Buffalo for lowly Canisius, got a promotion to Uconn, and then reached back out to a few names about going P5. Then that said player liked his coaching announcement. 

That would be the same.

I should have stated promotion to a power 5 in my post

Could be something could be nothing. If he did switch commitments I’m glad he didn’t announce UB then change his mind a week later. If he does end up at Cincinnati I hope the staff stays on good terms, Hardnett chose them over us then ended up here anyway.

Getting into the best available option is probably what any player (and parent) would want during the recruiting process.  Since not many multi bid conferences schools offered him, it would appear that his current skills/body are more aligned to a 1 bid conference.  He looks really lean in the video, so facing players in the AAC that are 30-40 pounds heavier during his first 1-2 years might worry some coaches as to his production capabilities.  With current transfer rules, I don't see many coaches taking a runner on a "development project", only to see them transfer once they develop.  It is easier now to dip into the transfer portal for new head coaches than chase high schoolers. 

Hopeful he makes the best choice to what program he can play early and develop his body.

Edited by Sportsfan