Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Interest List - 2021, 2022, and 2023

Kevin

Updated 2021 Season:

• Kuluel Mading (2021) - Signed with Buffalo - Three Star -  - 38th PF
  • Zaakir Williamson (2021) - Signed with Buffalo - Three Star - 38th C
  • Curtis Jones (JUCO 2021)Signed with Buffalo - JUCO (no rankings in 2021)
  • Kidtrell Blocker (2021) - Signed with Buffalo - Three Star - 77th SG
  • Yazid Powell (JUCO 2022)  - Signed with Buffalo - JUCO 37th Overall
  • Kanye Jones (2022) - Signed with BC 2021, Signed with Buffalo - from BC (Unranked)
  • Davonte Gaines (2021) Signed with George Mason
  • Jalen Cone (2021) - Signed with NAU
  • Victor Hart (2021) - Signed with FIU 
  • Abdoulaye Thiam (2021) - Signed with MIN
  • Aaron Estrada (2021) - Signed with Hofstra
  • Alec Oglesby (2021) - Signed with UNCW
  • John Orogon (2021)
  • Julian Agusto (2021)
  • Brian Waddell (2021) - Signed with Purdue
  • Willie Lightfoot Jr. (2022)
  • Jalen Bradberry (2022)
  • Jai Smith (2022)
  • Damani Barley (2022)
  • Trey Knight (2022)
  • GG Jackson (2023)
  • William Lobor (2023)

Updated 2022 Season (from poster below):

Updated offer list:

• Yazid Powell 6’4 175 JuCo Soph PG - Committed
    • 13.5 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.4 apg, 51/32/65%
    • Other offers: FGCU, Marist, Pacific, Wichita St, Sam Houston St, Canisius, IUPUI, Drexel, Northern Illinois
  • Jacob Tracey 6’4 200 JuCo Soph SG
    • 8.2 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.6 apg, 48/31/60%
    • Other offers: Akron, Illinois St, Fresno St, East Carolina, Bryant, Nevada
  • Brian Moore 6’3 170 JuCo Fr PG
    • 18.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.8 apg, 59/37/76%
    • Other offers: Cleveland St, Stony Brook, Tulsa, Texas St, FGCU, Stetson, Illinois St, Southern Illinois, Bowling Green, Iona, Wichita St, DePaul, Towson, Jacksonville St, Mercer, Stephen F Austin, Marist, SIUE, Kent State, NC A&T, New Orlenas, UMBC, Robert Morris, UIC, St. Bona
  • Bryant Selebangue 6’9 215 JuCo Fr PF
    • 12.8 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 70/61%
    • Other offers: CSU Bakersfield, North Texas, Bryant, Bradley, Northern Illinois
  • Jalen Bradberry 6’3 160 HS Sr PG
    • Other offers: Hofstra, St. John's, UMass, Youngstown St, Siena, Bryant, Stony Brook
  • Zaiden Cross 6’7 HS Sr SG
    • Other offers: Florida
  • Amarri Trice 6’7 215 HS Sr SF
    • Other offers: Drexel, East Carolina, Fairfield, Iona, Siena, UMBC, UMass, UNCW, Albany
  • Jalen Carruth 6’8 180 HS Jr SF
    • Other offers: Troy, Coppin St, Grambling St, High Point, Bethune-Cookman, Tulsa, Kennesaw St, NC A&T, IUPUI, Clemson, Xavier
  • William Lobor 6’7 HS Jr SF
    • Other offers: Maine, Murray St, Tennessee St, Missouri St
Edited by Kevin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Kevin said:

So far, I've been told this is the current interested names:

Kuluel Mading (2021)

Kidtrell Blocker (2021)

Damani Barley (2022)

Trey Knight (2022)

GG Jackson (2023)

William Lobor (2023)

What about Lightfoot? Do they not think they have much of a shot even though they made his top 5?

21 minutes ago, ub2019 said:

What about Lightfoot? Do they not think they have much of a shot even though they made his top 5?

I think this list more or less shows what they will do with the returning players.

With only 2 2021 guys that would imply two of  Brewton, Nickelberry, Brock, and Fagan are likely coming back and then they will use 2 more scholarships on these guys. Then that would fill out the roster

1 minute ago, RoughToughBulls15 said:

I think this list more or less shows what they will do with the returning players.

With only 2 2021 guys that would imply two of  Brewton, Nickelberry, Brock, and Fagan are likely coming back and then they will use 2 more scholarships on these guys. Then that would fill out the roster

I think its safe to assume that Brewton and/or Nickelberry will be back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I had always assumed brewton was playing next year as the original plan was he would red shirt this year 

How many are open scholarships? 3 with maybe 4?

My understanding was there are three scholarships remaining if none of previously mentioned seniors stay on another year in addition to Brewton.

1 hour ago, RoughToughBulls15 said:

Please not Fagan......

image.gif.fe075887f4888913212793c7b17aec69.gif

• Haha 1

I always assumed Brewton would be back. Was actually banking on it because we need guard depth. I hope Fagan comes back. I would like a younger better version of Nickelberry. But if Nickelberry came back I just hope he grows and develops a consistent shot and refines his dribble drive skills (like Jeremy Harris). If Brewton and Nickelberry come back we need them to take big steps forward and provide experienced depth. 

Still need a PG though. Really need a PG

Edited by DooleyBull06

11 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Do we know for certain that if seniors come back they count against the scholarship limit?

They would. 13 scholarships per team. I would expect teams to know if they are expecting these players back or not. 

17 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

This makes more sense to me - as keeping the limit at 13 seemed punitive to incoming HS seniors.  As it is, the potential for their playing time will be decreased by extra year of eligibility for seniors.  Is there an opportunity there?

Interesting to see so many seniors trying to transfer as they will count against limits on new team, but not if they stay with team.  May see a lot of them staying put or moving on to next phase (pro career) I would think. 

9 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

This makes more sense to me - as keeping the limit at 13 seemed punitive to incoming HS seniors.  As it is, the potential for their playing time will be decreased by extra year of eligibility for seniors.  Is there an opportunity there?

Interesting to see so many seniors trying to transfer as they will count against limits on new team, but not if they stay with team.  May see a lot of them staying put or moving on to next phase (pro career) I would think. 

Yeah that's why I'm not that concerned about the lack of recruiting news. The music's going to stop at some point and there's not going to be enough chairs for everyone.  To succeed at the mid-major level you need to find inefficiencies in the recruiting market.  Seems like there's going to be talented seniors and/or transfers looking for scholarships in the summer and it'd be good to still have some scholarships available when that happens.  Even going into the season with open scholarships isn't terrible, less guys to keep happy, while also keeping flexibility with mid year transfers (Maceo Jack, Torian Graham, Javion Hamlet)

20 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Yeah that's why I'm not that concerned about the lack of recruiting news. The music's going to stop at some point and there's not going to be enough chairs for everyone.  To succeed at the mid-major level you need to find inefficiencies in the recruiting market.  Seems like there's going to be talented seniors and/or transfers looking for scholarships in the summer and it'd be good to still have some scholarships available when that happens.  Even going into the season with open scholarships isn't terrible, less guys to keep happy, while also keeping flexibility with mid year transfers (Maceo Jack, Torian Graham, Javion Hamlet)

Speaking of Hamlet he announced he is entering the draft. 

2 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

That's sticky now because what players count as seniors? Does Brewton? I'm sure thats another layer of fun to be debated with the NCAA board. 

How about players that will exercise their extra year like Segu/Mballa/Williams (JRs)? The 2021 seniors count this year, but anyone who isn't a senior that wants that eligibility it will count for the following year.

Knowing UB's budget and ideals, I bet they'll use it like 13 players, rather than 15+with a few on exemption. 

Edited by Kevin

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Surprisingly is a weak list. His stock must be down. Please don’t go to Ohio. Please.

His stock may indeed be down and not without some reason. I think he could absolutely be a difference maker in the MAC. 4th option on a good team next year then senior year as a feature. Hoping he and his family are looking for a change to familiar scenery.

• Like 2