Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Interest List - 2021, 2022, and 2023

Kevin

1 hour ago, McBulls said:

https://indianhillsathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2020-21/players/curtisjones842n

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/curtis-jones

Curtis 6'5" FR PG for Indian Hills.  Scored 12.2 ppg with nearly 40% from 3 averaging 5+ assists / rebounds per game.

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYS Bulls said:

Pretty big on that powerhouse Iowa Juco market i see. Makes sense for us to be after midwest players.

I don't pretend to know quality of this recruit, but Indian Hills ranked #12 in country, and this guy is 6'5" PG  shot nearly 40% from three while averaging over 5 rebounds and assists per game.  Also some decent teams talking to him, I figure might as well talk to him.

21 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I don't pretend to know quality of this recruit, but Indian Hills ranked #12 in country, and this guy is 6'5" PG  shot nearly 40% from three while averaging over 5 rebounds and assists per game.  Also some decent teams talking to him, I figure might as well talk to him.

Foley is a big name recruiter in the JUCO ranks, made Chipola a powerhouse. Hopefully his name and experience help us recruit JUCO players across the country. Some teams don’t realize the talent pool in the juco ranks

This is exactly the type of player, position and philosophy of recruiting I was hoping for. A JUCO PG who can come in right away and contribute but not expect to be given a starting job like a transfer. And a true freshman PG who if signs can grow and develop into the future starting PG. hope we get them both. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Indian hills was that hodgson's school? I feel like we have had a player or 2 from there recently

Like the teams also interested in Jones, solid mid majors who always seem to develop players

Hutchinson was Hodgson but Indian Hills is regularly pumping out D1 players on a yearly basis 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Hutchinson was Hodgson but Indian Hills is regularly pumping out D1 players on a yearly basis 

Here is the list / stats just from the previous three years including two solid contributors for Kent St - Malique Jacobs and Antonio Williams.  This certainly seems like a good place to go looking for good JUCO talent.

image.png.5a94bee352ef225f482bd0331c607b1d.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Here is the list / stats just from the previous three years including two solid contributors for Kent St - Malique Jacobs and Antonio Williams.  This certainly seems like a good place to go looking for good JUCO talent.

image.png.5a94bee352ef225f482bd0331c607b1d.png

Didn’t Williams transfer to Bona?

8 hours ago, McBulls said:

Waddell is super nice, but just got an offer from Purdue, that's a done deal being from the area. 

It’s kinda funny how we are all glued to the recruiting beat and there is absolutely nothing as far as commitments yet. Recruiting is key to a basketball program’s success long term and the silence so far should speak volumes. I guess it’s wait and see but the more time goes by and we don’t have anything the more concerned we should be if we are headed in the right direction. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

It’s kinda funny how we are all glued to the recruiting beat and there is absolutely nothing as far as commitments yet. Recruiting is key to a basketball program’s success long term and the silence so far should speak volumes. I guess it’s wait and see but the more time goes by and we don’t have anything the more concerned we should be if we are headed in the right direction. 

I am as eager to hear of commitments as the next person.  But keep in mind we did not get a commit from Josh Mballa until June 6th I believe.  I think it is fair to day everyone is happy with that commit.  My stance continues to be wait and see who the team is able to sign.

26 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I am as eager to hear of commitments as the next person.  But keep in mind we did not get a commit from Josh Mballa until June 6th I believe.  I think it is fair to day everyone is happy with that commit.  My stance continues to be wait and see who the team is able to sign.

That’s an outlier that, by the way, cost us our recruiting coach...

7 hours ago, Jeseph said:

That’s an outlier that, by the way, cost us our recruiting coach...

I may ultimately have to say that the staff missed in their recruiting, but I still prefer to get the facts first.  We are still seeing names mentioned who on paper seem like good options, so I remain optimistic.

As for costing our coach, I thought that was related to the waiver process.  I didn't recall allegations that our recruiting was irregular.  Did I miss something?

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Erie County said:

The recruiting coach forged documents from former players and signatures that went unchecked by the coaching staff and put the team on probation? Is that what was missed?

I'd call that irregular recruiting to be able to promise a player they will get cleared, go through any means to get it done, be the selected transfer school because of this and have no other coach realize what is going on. 

I was aware of first part but confess didn't see the broader scope.  Thank you for clarifying.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Erie County said:

The recruiting coach forged documents from former players and signatures that went unchecked by the coaching staff and put the team on probation? Is that what was missed?

I'd call that irregular recruiting to be able to promise a player they will get cleared, go through any means to get it done, be the selected transfer school because of this and have no other coach realize what is going on. 

Is that what happened? Did Mballa come here because they “promise a player they will get cleared”? Or is that a fabrication. I honestly don’t know and am asking. With your ax to grind with the administration however it wouldn’t surprise me that you’re just saying whatever you want to make them look as bad as possible. 

15 hours ago, UB05 said:

Is that what happened? Did Mballa come here because they “promise a player they will get cleared”? Or is that a fabrication. I honestly don’t know and am asking. With your ax to grind with the administration however it wouldn’t surprise me that you’re just saying whatever you want to make them look as bad as possible. 

NCAA report article: https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/former-buffalo-assistant-men-s-basketball-coach-violated-ncaa-ethical-conduct-rules

NCAA Report: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/infractions/decisions/Apr2020INF_UniversityBuffaloSUNYPUBLICNRAgreement.pdf

Edited by BrooklynBull
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

Thanks. The only thing I read in there is that Texas tech assured Buffalo that they’d help facilitate the process. Maybe I missed it but I don’t see anywhere that it says Mballa came here because he was told he’d get cleared to play right away.