Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Jalen cone

Bill

Just now, trueblue32 said:

His brother Madison Cone is a football player that transferred to UB from Wisconsin. Tough list but that should help. Was the #102 recruit and #9 PG per 247. 2 (or 3) years of eligibility 

You would think that could be a big factor. That’s a nice list to be apart of. Would be a junior next season. 5’10 165. From looking at his stats seems like a scorer. His freshman year stats and shooting percentages were nice. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31135253/virginia-tech-jalen-cone-plans-enter-transfer-portal-explore-other-options-says%3fplatform=amp

10 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

You’d think he’d like to stay and live with his brother, he’d probably start if he came as well

Who would he start over? Rondo is a Senior and this is his team. And you can’t start them together bc they are both very undersized. Could they play on the court at the same time in stretches yes. But he ain’t starting over Rondo. If that were to happen you could see Rondo transfer. That’s how fluid this all is. Players no longer wanna play roles and earn spots. They are too sensitive and want immediate playing time. Delicate balance that coaches have to adjust to.

Edited by DooleyBull06
Typo

4 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

He is a shooter 

As I said scorer. Not much else. And he’s 5’10. Imagine a backcourt of him and Rondo...average height and weight would be 5’11 163 lol. That would be a big hit to our rebounding and team defense. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to bring him into the mix. Immediate upgrade over Brewton. Could be a microwave off the bench. Instant offense.

7 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

As I said scorer. Not much else. And he’s 5’10. Imagine a backcourt of him and Rondo...average height and weight would be 5’11 163 lol. That would be a big hit to our rebounding and team defense. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to bring him into the mix. Immediate upgrade over Brewton. Could be a microwave off the bench. Instant offense.

I think this is where the team shape is heading, ub will be big at every position besides PG

I think this was kinda of what oats was heading to as well when he was here.  

Possible line up with current players: segu,Williams,hardnett,mballa and skogman. Enough deep shots on offense and enough mobility on defense. Potential match up night mare for opposing teams

12 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I think this is where the team shape is heading, ub will be big at every position besides PG

I think this was kinda of what oats was heading to as well when he was here.  

Possible line up with current players: segu,Williams,hardnett,mballa and skogman. Enough deep shots on offense and enough mobility on defense. Potential match up night mare for opposing teams

I want him. High level scorer. 

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

The size isn't nothing, for sure, but you can survive in the MAC with smaller guards.  Rondo is a very effective player.  LCJ is like the smallest guy in the conference and yet the best player.  Obviously a lofty comparison to LCJ but if you can play, you can play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UBlearns said:

The size isn't nothing, for sure, but you can survive in the MAC with smaller guards.  Rondo is a very effective player.  LCJ is like the smallest guy in the conference and yet the best player.  Obviously a lofty comparison to LCJ but if you can play, you can play.

I don’t disagree. I want him here. Get him in the building now. Figure out the specifics later. 

• Like 1

Exciting player to be involved with, this is the level of transfer we need to pursue. No disrespect to Antwain, Gabe, and Nickelberry, but none of them performed at the level Cone has.

Wonder what Northern Arizona is doing on the list, much more of an outlier than us. I think we should be pretty optimistic about this one due to the connection with his brother. I imagine that's what got us on the list with all the P5s.

Jalen has a 2-year old daughter, whose outfit he used to announce his commitment for the Hokies. I wonder if his brother and parents might be like the option of being together in the same place for a few years.

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Stupid question, if he cut his list down to these 7 including us, I'd assume this means that we offered a scholarship, no?  The reason I ask is an offer is not listed anywhere and I am wondering if there may be offers out to some of the people we have been talking to as mentioned in various posts.   Was just curious.