Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Curtis Jones PG 2021

Let's gooooo. Kid shot great percentages in JUCO, might be able to touch 50/40/90 as an upperclassman. 6'5 frame looks like he could fill out a bit too. If he plays defense, we could have a gem.

We're building one of the tallest/longest rosters in recent memory. Whitesell definitely has a type. Well done by the staff locking in a strong class.

Solid get. Regardless of how he’s ends up as a player I love it just to keep the Indian Hills pipeline rolling.

Graves is definitely a loss, but if you’re talking Graves, Nickelberry and Gallion out vs Jack, Jones, Williamson and Mading in, I think the turnover could be a net positive for this squad in terms of production.

Edited by BasketBull
  • Like 1

Great get as this targets a specific area of need. I love that we have brought in guys who we anticipate being here for years. This was the perfect year to not have to rely on senior transfers. Yes I know we got Jack but the rest of the class are underclassmen. If we have a scholarship left let’s get another guard/shooter/wing type. 

2 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Let's gooooo. Kid shot great percentages in JUCO, might be able to touch 50/40/90 as an upperclassman. 6'5 frame looks like he could fill out a bit too. If he plays defense, we could have a gem.

We're building one of the tallest/longest rosters in recent memory. Whitesell definitely has a type. Well done by the staff locking in a strong class.

the team this staff is putting together is a unicorn in a league like the MAC. If this team buys in defensively they can be scary for the mac. All tall and athletic players that can all switch 

10 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

Anyone know his JUCO ranking? Good signing and hope we can add more talent to the roster. Go Bulls.

No JUCO rankings, but here are some 'Comps' that might help guide expectations.  This list represents the top scoring freshman over the past eight season for Indian Hills and provides their stats in their senior year.  

image.png.b07cf07e10dbfb026af5bf53cfde207a.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Gotta love this as well.   "Not only is Jones shining on the court but he also performing in the classroom making it on the Presidents list during Winter term with a 4.0."

Love seeing that he’s excelling on and off the court. I can’t wait to see him play.