Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Abdoulaye Thiam JUCO Guard

Bill

Guard from Indian River State College. Averaged 15 ppg and shot nearly 50% from three. From the Orlando area (Looks to be friends with Rondo). Would have 4 years of eligibility since he was a freshman last year I believe 

Edited by Bill
  • Like 2

• Bill changed the title to Abdoulaye Thiam JUCO Guard
5 hours ago, Bill said:

Guard from Indian River State College. Averaged 15 ppg and shot nearly 50% from three. From the Orlando area (Looks to be friends with Rondo). Would have 4 years of eligibility since he was a freshman last year I believe 

One more guard would be nice and this is like getting a freshman with a little polish from a good basketball program. Hopefully he sees the opportunity. With him and the 3 signed so far, this could be a special group like Rondo/Jeenathan. Go Bulls!

30 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Not saying it’s nothing but Segu props up all of his friends on their offers.

Agreed I don't think this means anything is imminent, but Rondo is an influential kid and having him in Thiam's ear about UB should be a big help.

Interesting that Kent offered on the same day we did, perhaps a few hours before.

Dr. Phillips is a pretty big time sports school in Orlando from what I remember.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dabulls said:

Committed to Minnesota per his Twitter, must’ve got a offer and committed the same day. Did not see him post anything about Minnesota prior. His recruitment did pick up after he was offered by Coastal 

In a way I am not surprised, while I would love to have had the depth that Thiam would have added, with Zachery coming back, things would get  crowded behind Segu.

Curious to see what the team does with remaining two scholarships.

• 11 months later...