Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2021 Draft

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

One thing that hurt Patterson was the competition. The mindless prattle of filler that was ESPN yesterday included something that they said scouts review.  What did he do against others that are likely to be in the NFL.  Do not look at what a player does against a poor quality opponent, look at what they do against the cream of the crop.  Running for miles against Bowling Green is meaningless.  What would he have done against Ohio State last year or Nebraska in the fall.  All of his numbers are great, but what did he do against equal or better competition?

Does anyone think Khalil Mack would have gone fifth overall if not for the Ohio State game?  He did not play against Georgia in his junior year.

Well if he hadn't punched out Fred Lee, I'd have been able to see him Between the Hedges. 🙂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

Anyone know which players have potential to be drafted in 2022? I'm thinking Kevin Marks, Taylor Riggins and Kadofi Wright? Anyone else?

possibly Eddie Wilson, great run stuffer, showed some signs of developing pressure against the passer, big physical body. He definitely has the potential.

On 5/1/2021 at 6:27 PM, Bill said:

Can’t blame Patterson and at all for leaving early tbh. Breaking all sorts of ncaa records and what not. One of the top rushers in the country in terms of stats. Will be interesting to see where he goes 

In late December, after Patterson was named 1st Team All-American, I wondered if Patterson should leave.

At the time I was dubious about him being a high draft pick and thought he might not even get drafted (which happened).

I felt the best course of action was to try and get the "Heisman buzz" during the summer.  Maybe a big first game where he runs for 300 yards and 5 TDs vs Wagner to get the train fully in motion (and show up on those Heisman trackers on ESPN.com) and then have that all important game in Lincoln.    That name recognition/hype would have helped his draft status...

I wish him good luck in with the WFT.  Their depth chart at RB is not strong and they didn't draft anyone during this draft.  It is a better spot than most to land as an UDFA.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UB92 said:

In late December, after Patterson was named 1st Team All-American, I wondered if Patterson should leave.

At the time I was dubious about him being a high draft pick and thought he might not even get drafted (which happened).

I felt the best course of action was to try and get the "Heisman buzz" during the summer.  Maybe a big first game where he runs for 300 yards and 5 TDs vs Wagner to get the train fully in motion (and show up on those Heisman trackers on ESPN.com) and then have that all important game in Lincoln.    That name recognition/hype would have helped his draft status...

I wish him good luck in with the WFT.  Their depth chart at RB is not strong and they didn't draft anyone during this draft.  It is a better spot than most to land as an UDFA.

Plus that is relatively local for him, so maybe that will help him a bit as well. We will see how it plays out, just disappointing for these guys if they are not provided true information by people trying to make a buck.

• 1 year later...