Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach Out - Mo Linguist

Bill

2 hours ago, HomeyG said:

Do we have anything new on the guys in the portal ?

I check it almost daily. I’m hoping now that school is over and our staff is 100% kids will shit or get off the pot. Seeing other offers so our staff is obviously doing some recruiting. I’ve see a few players start following the OL and WR coaches 

41 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I check it almost daily. I’m hoping now that school is over and our staff is 100% kids will shit or get off the pot. Seeing other offers so our staff is obviously doing some recruiting. I’ve see a few players start following the OL and WR coaches 

Hopefully we are looking at some linemen. All I’ve seen is us offer Woods the WR from Rutgers and Pinkney, a JUCO LB

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

Hopefully we are looking at some linemen. All I’ve seen is us offer Woods the WR from Rutgers and Pinkney, a JUCO LB

Maybe our new OL coach has some guys in mind. All-American OL from Marshall entered today, but looks like Florida St is the front runner for him.

If we do end up losing Ed I’m not that concerned, it will be a tough loss but there’s plenty of portal player out there we could recruit. Who knows maybe one of the true freshman coming in could make an impact like Wolo did last season 

11 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

If we do end up losing Ed I’m not that concerned, it will be a tough loss but there’s plenty of portal player out there we could recruit. Who knows maybe one of the true freshman coming in could make an impact like Wolo did last season 

At this point we're going to have some losses (some significant) and some new faces (hopefully some significant) those are just simple facts. If Coach Mo and staff are able to get anything out of this season I'll be supremely impressed but given the timing of this transition I don't expect a much. We're likely going to have the last-to-be-set roster in the country, or close to it. Not to mention trying to implement new schemes into all 3 phases of the game. These transfers are the headline right now but I have a feeling the staff is working with less focus on this year than usual...

37 minutes ago, Jeseph said:
8.5 as O/U for win total is optimistic

I disagree.  Even with the defections, I think this preview is still accurate. 
https://ubfan.com/bb/index.php?/topic/1388-espn-college-football-power-index-2021/

Edit, to clarify:  There is a huge gap between the bottom 9, and the top 3 opponents.   While the margin of the game scores may be narrower, I don’t expect the total win/lose totals to change.  

Edited by 121Merrimac
Added clarification
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

8.5 as O/U for win total is optimistic

Hopefully that plays well. Just shows the shape we are in. Previous years with this shakeup at this time, we would have been in the Duke (3.5) or Connecticut (2.5) range! Coastal is at 10, that will be a tough matchup.