Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach Out - Mo Linguist

Bill

6 hours ago, Tmcduffie16 said:

I promised! Only because I made a statement a few months ago about Dylan loving Mo and Not going to Kansas…. Both remains VERY true… However any coach that reached out once he entered the portal   Regardless if from  Big 12 SEC or ACC I’ve always made it known, UB wasn’t out of the picture…There some very unique situation behind what’s going on and if it was anyone but Mo’s it would be unfeasible….. I must add he’s done a HELL of a job bringing in the RIGHT fit!!!! whatever direction we go believe!  I live 2 miles from the stadium and We will always be BULLS FAN! 🏈🤘 

p.s please I won’t be responding or letting my sons future play out on any site I just felt a need to respond to my last post months ago… Stay Blessed and Horns Up! 

Thank you for responding, shows the man you are. Best of luck to Dylan I will root for him either way, but I would  prefer it be as a Bull!

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

26 of 28 recruits are 3 star, just WOW! I hope we can now transform this group and our veteran players into a cohesive unit that produces on the field. Hopefully a full spring practice and offseason with the coaching staff adjustments will make last year a blip on the radar.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

This is what we were all hoping for when Coach Mo was hired. We knew he might be a little raw in the beginning but expected him to make up for it with his ability on the recruiting trail. This is how you build a program. You bring in talented ballers. UB has a huge increase in natural ability on the gridiron. Now, they have to put it together during the offseason.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

That’s for high school only. You can click on overall class which includes incoming transfers.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/OverallTeamRankings/?Conference=MAC

I feel much better about the losses we suffered. It feels like those that left are lesser quality than those coming in. Hopefully it stays that way!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

This was a good listen to add a bit more color to the names we've all been kicking around. Some interesting connections.

I listened as well. He’s using ALL of his connections, plus the Alumni base with Licata and Winter. Plus a few kids recruited by current players. I’m impressed all around. Hopefully they can put it all together out on the field.

The spring roster is up, with a grain of salt of course, as rosters are still fluid. We can see several more walk-ons aren't back in 2022 as well, so there are only 86 on the current roster for spring camp. Hartnett and 5 other scholarship guys for fall camp, so an additional 15-20 rides/walk-ons added before fall camp. Mo is right.. Not done yet!

So cool that our heart and soul MLB is back as a Grad student! LB corps isn't deep with Patterson, Dolac, Tate tops at this time. So they either grab more transfers or plan to run out a lot of nickel packages.

9 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

The spring roster is up, with a grain of salt of course, as rosters are still fluid. We can see several more walk-ons aren't back in 2022 as well, so there are only 86 on the current roster for spring camp. Hartnett and 5 other scholarship guys for fall camp, so an additional 15-20 rides/walk-ons added before fall camp. Mo is right.. Not done yet!

So cool that our heart and soul MLB is back as a Grad student! LB corps isn't deep with Patterson, Dolac, Tate tops at this time. So they either grab more transfers or plan to run out a lot of nickel packages.

With the portal, I think recruiting and roster management won't stop for the 2022 until camp starts....probability of transfers after spring ball will increase the open slots....roster management is becoming and art with day to day free agency.

15 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Just wondering where spring roster is? Thanks

31 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Surprised, and happy, to see Quian Williams on the Spring roster.  I thought he only had 1 year of eligibility to play with us.  Also happy to see Jovany Ruiz back.  He played well, when healthy.

Agreed, I am also happy that James Patterson is returning. Will be good with the transition of so much in the backfield.

7 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Surprised, and happy, to see Quian Williams on the Spring roster.  I thought he only had 1 year of eligibility to play with us.  Also happy to see Jovany Ruiz back.  He played well, when healthy.

I thought the same about Williams and his eligibility. But he’s only played 3 seasons at D-1 according to this….

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/quian-williams-1.html

I believe he might’ve also played some juco before going to EMU which would’ve made him a senior last year?

28 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

I thought the same about Williams and his eligibility. But he’s only played 3 seasons at D-1 according to this….

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/quian-williams-1.html

I believe he might’ve also played some juco before going to EMU which would’ve made him a senior last year?

He played JUCO, because his first year at Eastern Michigan he was listed a s sophomore.  He gets another year because 2020 did not count.

Edited by BrooklynBull
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

I like Williams and think he has talent but he disappeared at the end of the year. Some his fault some the poor QB play but it seemed he wasn’t much of a threat for defenses to respect. 

I think a lot of it was his production at the start of the season. They keyed on shutting him down and there was no plan B to free him up. The second half of our season was a debacle all around.

I’ve been critical of coach Mo but I can’t be mad at his recruiting efforts and efforts to make the team the way he wants it to be. It’s great to have the best recruiting class in the Mac, amazing accomplishment. But what I find most impressive is his ability to find recruits early. Many times I see reports of players getting their first d1 offer from UB then next week they get an ACC or SEC offer. It’s great that he can see the potential and talent of players before others

• Like 1