Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach Out - Mo Linguist

Bill

53 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Now he is updated to Tight End/Recruiting Coordinator. So they will have a new WR coach hire.

The movement points to him eventually leaving, when who knows

To me it means he is helping coach mo transition into the role of head coach (at least its what I have experienced in the working world a couple times)

Edited by Tee4three

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

I have a feeling this is going to be good for our overall brand as long as the winning keeps up with our recent standard. We're the main story in college football right now and it's all got a positive sheen to it. Coach Mo should be able to parlay this MoMentum (😪) into recruiting success and program notoriety.

Trademark that.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

The movement points to him eventually leaving, when who knows

To me it means he is helping coach mo transition into the role of head coach (at least its what I have experienced in the working world a couple times)

Actually I’d think the opposite. Why change his position unless he’s staying? A lot of news about a potential new OC who was previously receivers coach at his last gig, so that may be why. Would be big if Ianello stays. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Actually I’d think the opposite. Why change his position unless he’s staying? A lot of news about a potential new OC who was previously receivers coach at his last gig, so that may be why. Would be big if Ianello stays. 

Can't argue that thinking

And agree that it be big if he stays 

26 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Finally a bigger buyout. We got burned in the previous ones. 

But only to 12/15/21? That’s strikes me as odd. I wonder if it decreases afterwards or it is eliminated altogether. 

Edited by UB85

22 minutes ago, UB85 said:

But only to 12/15/21? That’s strikes me as odd. I wonder if it decreases afterwards or it is eliminated altogether. 

If Mo is successful he will not be here for more than 3 years.  Look at his resume he is a hit and run guy looking for a bigger challenge.  It is a great hire.  He believes in himself and I think for the next 3 years we are set but he does have one foot out the door. 

8 minutes ago, CheerUB80/84 said:

If Mo is successful he will not be here for more than 3 years.  Look at his resume he is a hit and run guy looking for a bigger challenge.  It is a great hire.  He believes in himself and I think for the next 3 years we are set but he does have one foot out the door. 

Agreed, hopefully one of the staff members he brings in will be an heir apparent and keep the train moving or we success so much we seriously are able to look into a conference change. This is that type of hire.

54 minutes ago, CheerUB80/84 said:

College position coaches move around a fair amount. I don't think his quick resume moves are much of a predictor now that he's a HC. Granted he'll certainly take the next step up the career ladder if it presents itself. But if he's in position to move up after only three years, we'll have multiple MAC titles/bowl wins to remember him by.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I love it.  Introduced this a.m., and tonight, we're planning his departure.  Much like the Blocker thread on Basketball recruiting.  And, I think we already know who will be pissed at him when he goes.

I will say again that it is a great hire  I'm tired of reading on here how butt hurt everyone gets when we hire a successful coach and they move up.  If I read about someone saying how they would not leave Buffalo even for 5x their salary I'll hurl.  Most people have family and lifetimes ties to Buffalo community these coaches do not.  I do not think we could have hired any better this late in the season.  I believe he will do well.  I will wish him well when he leaves on that note I hope LL wins in Kentucky and I hope Oats wins a national championship in Alabama.

Edited by CheerUB80/84
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I love it.  Introduced this a.m., and tonight, we're planning his departure.  Much like the Blocker thread on Basketball recruiting.  And, I think we already know who will be pissed at him when he goes.

I still believe that we may have won this trade. We got $$ (still not enough in my view based on the amount left on the contract) and a potentially excellent new coach. To do this in May is an A+. Could it blow up? Sure. I'd say the chances are much greater that it doesn't. Unlike many here, I'm not much of a bettor, but I'd definitely take my chances on a MAC title coming sooner than later.

Idk if it’s actually legitimate or not, but I see fans of Florida state saying they’re interested in Jacob Gall. I see Texas fans saying they’re interested in Novitsky as well. I’d assume other high majors would be interested as well. Might be tough to get those two back.

1 hour ago, CheerUB80/84 said:

I will say again that it is a great hire  I'm tired of reading on here how butt hurt everyone gets when we hire a successful coach and they move up.  If I read about someone saying how they would not leave Buffalo even for 5x their salary I'll hurl.  Most people have family and lifetimes ties to Buffalo community these coaches do not.  I do not think we could have hired any better this late in the season.  I believe he will do well.  I will wish him well when he leaves on that note I hope LL wins in Kentucky and I hope Oats wins a national championship in Alabama.

And now we already have Coach Leipold moving on tot eh SEC before his first game at Kansas.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bill said:

Idk if it’s actually legitimate or not, but I see fans of Florida state saying they’re interested in Jacob Gall. I see Texas fans saying they’re interested in Novitsky as well. I’d assume other high majors would be interested as well. Might be tough to get those two back.

Those players ought to consider if they will start or be bench depth at those P5 schools. If they want to be noticed by scouts they have a better chance at Buffalo where they will be entrenched starters.

Edited by promotherobot
  • Like 3