Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach Out - Mo Linguist

Bill

On 5/10/2021 at 10:30 AM, promotherobot said:

I seem to recall the way BH not conducting himself in the most sincere or professional way. He was already sporting 'Bama wear while essentially blackmailing ADMA.

Anyway, that's spilled milk under the bridge. Here's the link to the press conference with Coach Mo at 11 am Monday:

Just found the time to watch. For anyone who hasn't I'd recommend taking 35-40 minutes to do so. It starts somewhere around the 15-16 minute mark.

Hell, I'm ready to put the pads on and go play for Coach. He strikes me as a decent, kind, considerate man and most of all a player's coach who has success written all over him. Which likely explains the outpouring of support from the alums who knew him so well. I would be surprised if UB's recruiting doesn't take a big leap forward under the new staff. Of course, it remains to be seen what type of game day coach he'll be, but I am confident he'll do a good job.

17 minutes ago, RoughToughBulls15 said:

Per a source: Novinsky has committed to Lance and Kansas

Honestly, that would make sense. He could start against B12 competition and raise his draft stock significantly. That being said they won’t win many games and it has a chance to backfire. Hope it works out for all involved 

Understood, but concerning 

Novinsky has been a player for us.  He will be a loss. With him to going Kansas, I really question our prior coach-  we talk about integrity- maybe trying to get other players.  I suspect Novinsky sees as an opportunity for more exposure at a higher level conference.  That said, we gave Novinsky a great opportunity to grow and develop.  He is a bright student and will miss UB.

Anyone know who is next Bull in? 

Go Bulls 

4 minutes ago, Eagles1105 said:

Novitsky and Gall are getting interest from big schools in particular Florida State. Gall would likely go there being he is from Florida and his brother played for Miami. Don’t know how serious FSUs interest is yet tho

I don't hold any animosity towards them, they have to do what they feel is best for their future. As I have said before, the timing of everything is just so unfortunate for all sides. I do agree that unless there is a gaping hole on a team, it's unlikely to just step in and start Day 1. Maybe Novitsky if Lance is using a similar offensive scheme, but that's a lot to learn in a short time.

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I don't hold any animosity towards them, they have to do what they feel is best for their future. As I have said before, the timing of everything is just so unfortunate for all sides. I do agree that unless there is a gaping hole on a team, it's unlikely to just step in and start Day 1. Maybe Novitsky if Lance is using a similar offensive scheme, but that's a lot to learn in a short time.

It also has a lot to do with Coach Fuchs the O-Line coach going to Kansas.  My guess is his relationship with Novitsky is what made the decision.  Not saying Lance doesn't have anything to do with it either, but my thought is it is more his position coach

47 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

It also has a lot to do with Coach Fuchs the O-Line coach going to Kansas.  My guess is his relationship with Novitsky is what made the decision.  Not saying Lance doesn't have anything to do with it either, but my thought is it is more his position coach

Very good point. He did great things with our O-Line the last several years.

7 minutes ago, HomeyG said:

Wow! Even the new coach can’t stem the tide flowing out…

Players often commit to coaches, not schools. When that side of the commitment leaves it's not really surprising to see players move with it. Sucks but this season is going to be "patchwork" no matter what.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Players often commit to coaches, not schools. When that side of the commitment leaves it's not really surprising to see players move with it. Sucks but this season is going to be "patchwork" no matter what.

As coach said at least twice,  we're going to have to hide our weaknesses.