Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Devin Ceaser (2022 PG)

DocCas86

19 hours ago, UBinMD said:

But no rating on 247. How does that work?

247 is very awkward, they give and take stars away at the blink of an eye. Maybe their ranking crew just hasn’t seen him play live? I’m actually more impressed with ESPN rankings over 247 or Rivals. ESPN ranks players on a very tough scale and it’s harder to be ranked by them. Still at the end of the day stars don’t matter much, just thought it was a good accomplishment for our new commit

7 hours ago, Dabulls said:

247 is very awkward, they give and take stars away at the blink of an eye. Maybe their ranking crew just hasn’t seen him play live? I’m actually more impressed with ESPN rankings over 247 or Rivals. ESPN ranks players on a very tough scale and it’s harder to be ranked by them. Still at the end of the day stars don’t matter much, just thought it was a good accomplishment for our new commit

Agreed, I'll take it and hope his skills translate to our play style and he grows in our system.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Agreed, I'll take it and hope his skills translate to our play style and he grows in our system.

I’m pretty sure it will, if I had to make a comparison to a NBA player I’d say his game is similar to De’Aaron Fox. He’s incredibly quick and has hops  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Kid is a human highlight reel. Here's hoping he develops into UB's Ja Morant.

Looking at our roster going forward, we have some really athletic players. Blocker, Mading, hardnett, skogman and Ceaser all have hops. Hopefully we can land Prather and get him into the mix

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

Given the negative trend, I was so worried opening this post.   I feel better now. 

Haha, I knew that would happen. I'm in the positive faction though. Should be fun to follow Ceaser's senior year. He seems to have a pretty strong connection with our current guys on social, which is a good sign.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Haha, I knew that would happen. …

My apologies, the comment wasn’t intended to be personal.  It was a general reflection of the global recruiting pool, more than UB’s fan base or any specific recruit.  Please continue posting as you always have, it’s appreciated. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

My apologies, the comment wasn’t intended to be personal.  It was a general reflection of the global recruiting pool, more than UB’s fan base or any specific recruit.  Please continue posting as you always have, it’s appreciated. 

No I'm with you. Especially after some of the football recruits decommitting, when I see a thread bumped I get a little nervous too. Hoping we can build on Ceaser for what needs to be a major class. 🤘🏼

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Scared the crap out of me. I thought maybe he was de-committing. This is awesome news. Let’s hope he stays a Bull. And let’s temper expectations. Bc as we have seen freshman don’t come in right away and light it up for us. Hoping he’s different.

Really nice honor for the young man.

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

2 guys who aren't seeing the floor currently, yet the "doom and gloom"-ers say the cupboard is bare after this year.

Also, Skogman was a bust earlier too. Now 3 straight double-doubles. He needs to add some thickness to take that punishment down low, but I think that will come.

15 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Believe mading and Williamson were honored last year as well

Gotta be a first to have 3 all American nominees on the same team for ub 

Expanding to the women... don't forget that Saniaa Wilson made the list last year.  I wondered if Lexi Mcnabb would this year, but I didn't see her name.

• Like 1