Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Devin Ceaser (2022 PG)

DocCas86

Lol a part of the fanbase really is conditioned to expect the worst. Y'all are obviously free to hold your breath until he gets to campus, but I've enjoyed checking in on his senior season. Other programs' boards constantly update on their commits' seasons. We speculate that our coach is skipping practices.

I guess this is why I try to keep people posted on what our lone commit is up to? He seems to have really bought in to the program. I'd be shocked at a decommitment.

Just today his Instagram story is a video of him from his visit at Niagara Falls with a countdown clock at 4 months 9 days until he gets to Buffalo. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Lol a part of the fanbase really is conditioned to expect the worst. Y'all are obviously free to hold your breath until he gets to campus, but I've enjoyed checking in on his senior season. Other programs' boards constantly update on their commits' seasons. We speculate that our coach is skipping practices.

I guess this is why I try to keep people posted on what our lone commit is up to? He seems to have really bought in to the program. I'd be shocked at a decommitment.

Just today his Instagram story is a video of him from his visit at Niagara Falls with a countdown clock at 4 months 9 days until he gets to Buffalo. 

It wasnt at all about Devin Ceaser personally.  Just generally college athletes commit and de-commit fairly often unfortunately. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, bulls2684 said:

in his league championship game 

So you could say he likes the spotlight. I think he and Jones together could be a great combo. Then Skogman, Mading and Williamson as a solid grouping. Will take some time to gel, but I don’t think our team is falling off a cliff after this year.

20 hours ago, UBinMD said:

So you could say he likes the spotlight. I think he and Jones together could be a great combo. Then Skogman, Mading and Williamson as a solid grouping. Will take some time to gel, but I don’t think our team is falling off a cliff after this year.

Don't forget Blocker.  I think we're gonna be in good shape

Full highlights from Ceaser's championship game. Most extended highlights I've seen of him. He's a ridiculous athlete against this level, but I don't know the quality of competition. His shooting form looks good and he should have the foundation to be a good college shooter. He can be the heir to Rondo's energy and competitive role, as he was going after the Episcopal student section the entire game.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:32 AM, 121Merrimac said:

I probably missed someone, but after comparing MAC rosters from verbamcommits, and the nominee lists from '21 & '22, I only found one other player... Ohio's AJ Brown.

Brown is a big-time recruit for Ohio. He’s listed as 4-stars on ESPN. Several P5 offers including Alabama.

247 has him as 180th overall player, although he had been top 150 prior to committing to Ohio.

Aidan Hadaway was also listed as a Rivals Top150 player before committing to Bobcats. He’s since been downgraded to 3-stars which seems to happen when top recruits sign with mid-majors.

When it comes to recruiting, those are the type of guys UB needs to compete for at the top of the MAC. Last years class was strong on paper. Let’s hope it plays out once they get some significant time on the court together.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Brown is a big-time recruit for Ohio. He’s listed as 4-stars on ESPN. Several P5 offers including Alabama.

247 has him as 180th overall player, although he had been top 150 prior to committing to Ohio.

Aidan Hadaway was also listed as a Rivals Top150 player before committing to Bobcats. He’s since been downgraded to 3-stars which seems to happen when top recruits sign with mid-majors.

When it comes to recruiting, those are the type of guys UB needs to compete for at the top of the MAC. Last years class was strong in paper. Let’s hope it plays out once they get some significant time on the court together.

Brown and Hadaway are big recruits for Ohio, as was Clayton last year. As some have pointed out, rankings don't mean much in the end, especially once you get out of the top 100 or so. And especially ESPN's, which aren't even updated enough to have Brown (or any of Ohio's other commits) listed as committed. Without knowing anything else about him, I'd put more credence into his 180 overall/23 SG composite rank on 247. Either way, I agree that Boals is bringing in the clear top classes in the MAC right now and we're going to need to match it, find some diamonds in the rough, or crank up our player development to keep up if he remains in Athens.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ceaser dropped 23 to lead his team to victory in the Virginia D1 state semis. They'll play powerhouse Paul VI for the state title Saturday afternoon, which will feature a primetime lead guard matchup against Michigan-bound 4-star Dug McDaniel. Ceaser looks like a big time talent who has continued to improve since committing, although we'll have to wait and see how it all translates.

• Like 2